Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizdxb)
    rooms dont have an ariel , i read it on the handbookk
    ah wtf, what we going to be doing for our daily dosage of Eastenders escapism? BBC iPlayer i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Venom123)
    ah wtf, what we going to be doing for our daily dosage of Eastenders escapism? BBC iPlayer i guess
    That or buy a TV aerial...

ReputationRep:
    Im on the first floor too! Not so great but at least we dont have to face floors of stairs to get in at night! Im in flat 1 and iI will hopefully be studying History and politics ... hopefully my flatmates wont mind me putting a plastic bag over the fire alarm so I can smoke or eles I am gonna be constantly outside!

ReputationRep:
    juice, im also on the bottom, but dont cover the fire alarm, just smoke in the toilet.

ReputationRep:
    I read somewhere that the steam from the showers can set them off, so maybe the toilets are equally sensitive?

No one's on my floor yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    I read somewhere that the steam from the showers can set them off, so maybe the toilets are equally sensitive?

No one's on my floor yet
    That's why you shut the door of your bathroom when you shower :p:

juice, im also on the bottom, but dont cover the fire alarm, just smoke in the toilet.
    (Original post by juicebyalex)
    Im on the first floor too! Not so great but at least we dont have to face floors of stairs to get in at night! Im in flat 1 and iI will hopefully be studying History and politics ... hopefully my flatmates wont mind me putting a plastic bag over the fire alarm so I can smoke or eles I am gonna be constantly outside!
    Not a wise move, I know several people who've done that, and they've been chucked out of halls and had to try and find flats in the private sector in the middle of the year. Plus you'll piss off your Steward and housemates if the fire alarm goes off and they all have to evacuate the building. Your call.

If you want a smoke, do what the rest of us do and stand outside your hall for five minutes.

ReputationRep:
    r they smoke or heat detectors, plus how much smoke do you have to generate?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about the specifics, the only thing I do know is that smoking indoors very often leads to a one way ticket out of Halls. And even if SCS don't find out it was you, when your flatmates realise you're the reason why they had to spend 30 mins outside due to fire evacuations, they won't be best pleased, nor will your Steward.

ReputationRep:
    Im in pooley house too, 47D right at the top!

there is a good thread here if anyone hasn't seen it, with some pics and stuff:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=239916

ReputationRep:
    Pooley, 38D.
    Anyone else moving in on the 19th? since freshers only officially starts on the 23rd it might be worth organising something for the weekend.
    anybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozzy91)
    Who else got in?
    What flat and subject?

And for anyone wondering where their flat is...

47 - 48 - 31 - 32 - 15 - 16
    45 - 46 - 29 - 30 - 13 - 14
    43 - 44 - 27 - 28 - 11 - 12
    41 - 42 - 25 - 26 - 9 - 10
    39 - 40 - 23 - 24 - 7 - 8
    37 - 38 - 21 - 22 - 5 - 6
    35 - 36 - 19 - 20 - 3 - 4
    33 - 34 - 17 - 18 - 1 - 2

Me

Flat 7A, doing Law

I wanted to be higher:eek3: !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreshPrincess1)
    Me

Flat 7A, doing Law

I wanted to be higher:eek3: !!
    did u guys have to show proof of ur address when u applied for accommodation? Im intereted in applying for a different uni accommodation but im sure the process is the same. Im staying at a relatives for the summer until uni and all my stuff are at home. Do they ask for proof of ur address when u applied for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    No they didn't, you'll be damn lucky if you get into halls applying this late though.

ReputationRep:
    FYI heres the link to the facebook page for Pooley House 09-10
    QMUL - Pooley House
    so far i've managed to find one of my soon to be flat mates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt2k)
    FYI heres the link to the facebook page for Pooley House 09-10
    QMUL - Pooley House
    so far i've managed to find one of my soon to be flat mates
    Thanks alot!! I've finally found a flatmate!!

ReputationRep:
    Smoke, and very little. Even aerosols can set them off. Just smoke outside, it is considerate to the people who have to use the room after you, who wants to move into a room that stinks of smoke?

Smoking is technically banned on campus, but at night no one will stop you smoking outside the building. Just be kind and don't do it near any open windows.

Also, I'll point out they're able to tell which smoke alarm set the entire alarm off, and as Demo said when the whole of Pooley finds out you're the reason they're all outside in the rain at 4am then thats a lot of enemies you've made.

ReputationRep:
    wateva

ReputationRep:
    m in 08b..wat floor is that on??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet_poison)
    m in 08b..wat floor is that on??
    You'll be on the third floor (4th level)

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone on here who's moving in to Pooley in January?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 14, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.