Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how do I stop being a ***** and a horrible person? Watch

Anon or delete please.

I have a boyfriend who I love and who loves me back.

We started going out when a boy I've known online for a couple of years disappeared for about 5 months. Then he came back and was all, "I love you, I hope you still like me" and I said I did.

I regularly tell him I love him (I feel I do love two people at once), my boyfriend thinks it's not in a romantic sense although I've not mentioned it so much.

I sent a picture of my boyfriend with my lipstick on his face to online boy. Not sure why. I am just an awful person. I am not fit to have relationships. Understandably he went offline immediately.

I feel bad, (but not as bad as he feels and my boyfriend would feel if he knew how dodgy this situation was) so I want to know, how do I stop being so terrible? I think I am just naturally very nasty and am ashamed and would like to be a nice girl.

ReputationRep:
    What do you want us to tell you? There's no answer for that problem that can be given by total strangers. Just try not to be one.

ReputationRep:
    Stop two-timing *****!!! :mad2:

Pick a boyfriend and stick to him.

ReputationRep:
    hmm...is this just an internet friend? in which case, block him for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Stop stringing online boy along?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I feel bad, (but not as bad as he feels and my boyfriend would feel if he knew how dodgy this situation was) so I want to know, how do I stop being so terrible? I think I am just naturally very nasty and am ashamed and would like to be a nice girl.
    http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...6f7ff970c-.jpg

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Stop two-timing *****!!! :mad2:

Pick a boyfriend and stick to him.
    Can't choose. I think I should just be alone. But my irl boyfriend is pretty much the only friend I have, (I'm very timid), I'd be totally alone without him.
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    Stop stringing online boy along?
    Oh I intend on meeting him. I can't get him out of my head really.

ReputationRep:
    Then ditch your boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you have good intentions to improve, which is a good sign and proof that you are not a horrible person at heart, just a bit thoughtless. Of course you will have caused upset, and you need to come completely clean about the situation to both guys. You'll feel less guilty after doing that, for a start. As for the future - just make more of an effort to stop, think 'what would so-and-so think about this' before doing anything that might conceivable be dodgy, and do what you know is right so far as you can.

ReputationRep:
    Can't choose. I think I should just be alone. But my irl boyfriend is pretty much the only friend I have, (I'm very timid), I'd be totally alone without him.
    In that case, stick with your real boyfriend. You can say what you like to your online boyfriend - it's just the internet, there's not much he can do (unless he knows where you live).

You could pick your online boyfriend over your RL boyfriend, realise this guy is not for you/a fake and then be left with no one.

Then you will be DOOMED to live a life of posting anonymous threads on the H&R forum about your failed life!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I know you feel like a ***** and a horrible person, but if you were deep down, surely you wouldn't feel bad about it? You just wouldn't care about either of their feelings. So, maybe it's not that you're nasty, just that your confused?

ReputationRep:
    It sounds to me like any advice we give you, you'll just try and defend your decision to be a two timing bint.

ReputationRep:
    that's not very nice. obviously you're getting bored with your current bf and want some excitement, but you're using this poor other boy. You just want to be in control and when he started getting too close again you sent him the pic so he'd back off.

I will elaborate a bit further

My boyfriend is a **** a lot of the time. He's hit me, he shouts at me and makes me cry for little things (like spilling food and drink), but then afterwards he always say he's sorry. He's just irritable. Sounds worse than it is tbh. (See, this is the part where I justify what I'm doing!!).

His friends are my friends. I met him through them. So if I dump him, I won't have any friends at all. His friends wouldn't forgive me. Hence being alone.

And I really do like both of these guys at once. I've known online boy for a lot longer and really like him. I've never been so cruel to him, although sometimes I could spare him the details, so to speak.

I know that going out with online boy is 100% unrealistic. I don't really know what to do.

(Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    It sounds to me like any advice we give you, you'll just try and defend your decision to be a two timing bint.
    it's instinctive!

ReputationRep:

My boyfriend is a **** a lot of the time. He's hit me, he shouts at me and makes me cry for little things (like spilling food and drink), but then afterwards he always say he's sorry. He's just irritable. Sounds worse than it is tbh. (See, this is the part where I justify what I'm doing!!).

His friends are my friends. I met him through them. So if I dump him, I won't have any friends at all. His friends wouldn't forgive me. Hence being alone.

And I really do like both of these guys at once. I've known online boy for a lot longer and really like him. I've never been so cruel to him, although sometimes I could spare him the details, so to speak.

I know that going out with online boy is 100% unrealistic. I don't really know what to do.
    He hits you and makes you cry for no reason?

Your relationship sounds horrible. I'd risk losing him for the online guy.

ReputationRep:
    it's instinctive!
    No it's not! You're just making up excuses because you like this little arrangement you have, even though you KNOW it's wrong, because you posted this thread asking for advice.

ReputationRep:

I should be your boyfriend instead :yep: I'm a nice person

ReputationRep:

holy **** I actually think I know who you are...

(Original post by there's too much love)
    holy **** I actually think I know who you are...
    nah, we don't live near each other and i don't know anyone named "tom". must be someone else.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.