Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

howlong have you had swine flu for? Watch

ReputationRep:
    ive had it for 8 days now, and im getting bored of missing work and not seeing my friends. any idea when it will go away? it has got better, i dont feel as ill as i did, but symptoms are still there and ive been told i cant go out til theyre gone. i went out on monday thinking i was better cos i felt it,then i got ill again. im not sure what to do... did anyone have it for longer than 8 days? and are we supposed to go to hospital for treatment if we have it for a while?

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised you aren't in hospital already

ReputationRep:
    poor you hope u get better soon

ReputationRep:
    oh get well soon! =(

ReputationRep:
    I work in a pharmacy and have been told it can take over 2 weeks for a person to feel fully well again but call your GP/health worker if your worried x

ReputationRep:
    Hope you feel better soon, im scared of getting it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadiechantel)
    Hope you feel better soon, im scared of getting it
    Lol me too. I've got a sore throat and am now paniking as a result that I've got on-coming swine flu

Get better soon OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    Lol me too. I've got a sore throat and am now paniking as a result that I've got on-coming swine flu

Get better soon OP

Don't have a negative attitude, or you will attract negative things!!

This also applies to stress "Oh i'm sooo stressed bla blah" You will run yourself down this way.

It's about positivity

ReputationRep:
    use the flu pandemic site on the internet that went live today and order some tamiflu ..you do have to get another person to collect it from the hospital/pharmacy though. I have it too so i can sympathise!

ReputationRep:
    0 days :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwirlGirl)
    use the flu pandemic site on the internet that went live today and order some tamiflu ..you do have to get another person to collect it from the hospital/pharmacy though. I have it too so i can sympathise!
    i finished my tamiflu on monday. it was horrible anyway, side effects ughh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)
    I'm surprised you aren't in hospital already
    i dunno whether they only hospitalize those who are really really bad. last week i couldnt sleep and stuff and kept crying cos it was THAT bad. now im kind of fine really, just still unwell if you get me. so i dunno if theyd help me anyway :/

ReputationRep:
    When I had it, I was very ill for about 5 days and then unwell for perhaps another 5 after. So I guess I had it for like 10 days. As long as you're getting better, hope it goes for good soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    0 days :borat:
    haha lucky you. the worst part is the boredom. the flu isnt even as bad as people have made out. or maybe im just strong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiahoneybee)
    When I had it, I was very ill for about 5 days and then unwell for perhaps another 5 after. So I guess I had it for like 10 days. As long as you're getting better, hope it goes for good soon!
    someone i work with was off for 11 days actually and i have heard 10 days off sombody else. yeah i was majorly ill for the first 5 days, i didnt leave my bed. it was only this monday i felt well enough to spend the day out of bed, but i made the stupid mistake of assuming i was recovered and went to see some friends which backfired a little haha. hopefully ill be fine by this weekend then.
    ive had 4 days off work now, i only work part time but i find it annoying missing work like this! and i have to have this weekend off as well so so dull

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madeline06)
    haha lucky you. the worst part is the boredom. the flu isnt even as bad as people have made out. or maybe im just strong
    I actually want to catch the swine flu to see what all the hype's about. And, obviously, to feel like one of the chosen ones

ReputationRep:
    I've had it for 0 days and I hope to keep it that way.

Get Well Soon to all sufferers though.

ReputationRep:
    I actually want to catch the swine flu to see what all the hype's about. And, obviously, to feel like one of the chosen ones
    it just feels like normal flu. i guess it is pretty bad, like first 5 days you spend in bed feeling **** but its the same with normal flu. i guess i just expected it to be sooo much worse cos of the media ha

ReputationRep:
    The chosen ones would be those who don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    I've had it for 0 days and I hope to keep it that way.

Get Well Soon to all sufferers though.
    you may keep it that way. ive seen my friends briefly when i stupidly left the house on monday thinking i was alright, only one of them has symptoms (but no temperature = no swine flu) and i saw 9 friends. my family don't have it, and nor does my boyfriend and he has been around me through most of it. i dont think everyone gets it, even though they say 100,000 have got it this week, my family and bf and some mates seem to have avoided it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.