Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

howlong have you had swine flu for? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madeline06)
    someone i work with was off for 11 days actually and i have heard 10 days off sombody else. yeah i was majorly ill for the first 5 days, i didnt leave my bed. it was only this monday i felt well enough to spend the day out of bed, but i made the stupid mistake of assuming i was recovered and went to see some friends which backfired a little haha. hopefully ill be fine by this weekend then.
    ive had 4 days off work now, i only work part time but i find it annoying missing work like this! and i have to have this weekend off as well so so dull
    Yeah I don't think people are recovering much quicker than that unfortunately. Argh I know, I understand, I was exactly the same- 5 days just laying there, 1 day might be fine yeah but 5. Yeah don't push yourself, I had to do a 5 hour train journey (with 4 changes) after about a week and I thought I was going to die I swear. Luckily (well if there is a lucky time to have it ), I had it just after my uni exams when I didn't have a lot on. I hope you feel better soon!

ReputationRep:
    I came down with it on a Monday, returned back to work on the Friday, but my symptoms weren't totally gone for about 1.5 weeks .

I wouldn't go to hospital unless it worsens, because they are just telling people with no serious underlying health concerns, to treat themselves at home, drink plenty of fluids and rest .

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my 3rd day and only just got my tamiflu (only had one so far) and its made me vomit!!

ReputationRep:
    i finished my tamiflu on monday. it was horrible anyway, side effects ughh!

ohhh no! i've only had one tablet so far caus i only got them today... what were your side effects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEJ92)
    I'm on my 3rd day and only just got my tamiflu (only had one so far) and its made me vomit!!
    did you eat before you took it? someone i know vomited cos he didnt eat lol but i read the instructions and as i really did not want to vomit i forced myself to eat lots of bread before taking it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwirlGirl)
    ohhh no! i've only had one tablet so far caus i only got them today... what were your side effects?
    to be honest its hard to tell which is from flu and which is from tamiflu at times. mostly just diarrhea and one of my eyes went a bit dodgy,like really really itchy and crap kept coming out of it. conjunctivitis is a side effect so may have been to do with that. eyes have been fine since i came off them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    I actually want to catch the swine flu to see what all the hype's about. And, obviously, to feel like one of the chosen ones
    Ha! Good point!
    Only the chosen ones can stay in bed all day.
    I like that.

But I don't want swine flu to get in the way of the fun stuffs that shall happen this holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    Ha! Good point!
    Only the chosen ones can stay in bed all day.
    I like that.

But I don't want swine flu to get in the way of the fun stuffs that shall happen this holiday.
    yeah.. im missing out on the fun stuff. my friends are going out (theyre out tonight ) and i have to stay in. im so bored

ReputationRep:
    yeah.. im missing out on the fun stuff. my friends are going out (theyre out tonight ) and i have to stay in. im so bored
    Oh dearr I hope you do get well soon, so you can be out again.

PS. what does swine flu actually feel like? Im just a bit curious..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    Oh dearr I hope you do get well soon, so you can be out again.

PS. what does swine flu actually feel like? Im just a bit curious..
    normal flu. i had runny nose, aches and pains, sore throat, temperature and was so knackered i didnt move for 5 days.

i still have a runny nose, aches and pains, temperature n sore throat now but im not as tired so im a bit more active...dont spend all day in bed anymore. i do keep having naps though
    its not as bad as the media make it out to be

ReputationRep:
    can you describe to me what its like? im scared of getting it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GildedButterfly)
    can you describe to me what its like? im scared of getting it
    look above your post cos i told someone else
    umm it isnt that bad. if you are scared of getting it it should be because you wont be able to go out and will miss your friends! the actual flu part is just like normal flu really and is nothing scary

ReputationRep:
    Something I don't understand is what the tamiflu actually does?
    Everyone is saying that swine flu is just like having normal flu, so why is tamiflu necessary? Wouldn't you be able to recover as quickly without it?

ReputationRep:
    If symtoms pessist for longer than 7 days (5 with children) you should seek medical advice. Maybe NHS direct 08454647 Get Well Soon

ReputationRep:
    The side effects of Tamiflu sound bad enough... would it make a difference if you didn't take this if you got swine flu or do you have to take it?

ReputationRep:
    Seventh day since first symptoms. Only got out of bed an hour ago. Still completely tired. Kinda dissapointed that I can't hang out with my mates right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki =])
    The symptoms of Tamiflu sound bad enough... would it make a difference if you didn't take this if you got swine flu or do you have to take it?
    Side effects, not symptoms. Works better the earlier you take it. Can shorten the duration from 12-36 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I had it for 2 weeks but got better without any ta****lu so.. yay?

ReputationRep:
    9 years.

ReputationRep:
    apparently its just like the flu, you'll be grand!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.