Turn on thread page Beta

At what age would you think it's weird for a guy not to have yet kissed a girl? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    Kissing is overrated.
    I'd agree with the 20+
    Your kissing the wrong guys. Come kis me and we'll change that view.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'd say around 18 - 20 depending on circumstances really. It starts getting a bit unusual after 18, and then more unusual if the person goes to Uni and has more chances but doesnt make the most of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Did you just pick your own age?

I'd say 20+, after plenty of exposure to uni and the real world with no results would be a bit odd.
    Depends on if that person wishes to save their first kiss for someone they really like as opposed to a random bint in some club.

I wouldn't say there's a set age tbh, like most things in life.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I'm 20 - I've never kissed a girl/woman (in the non-professional sense).

Obviously I've done the sort of 'polite' cheek kiss - but never a lip kiss (I don't think).

There are more important things you'd want to have done by a certain age, surely?

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    I'd say around 18 - 20 depending on circumstances really. It starts getting a bit unusual after 18, and then more unusual if the person goes to Uni and has more chances but doesnt make the most of them.
    Granted it's unusual.

But it's not 'odd' or 'wrong' or something to be viewed with suspicion.

Remember that even at uni many heterosexual people still tend to socialize mainly with people of their own gender and may not 'go out' v. much because of work and study and societies etc.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Your kissing the wrong guys. Come kis me and we'll change that view.
    I knew someone would say that! :P

<--- was no reference to kissing, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbergqvist)
    what if you never get chances, or get rejected 30times in a row? (this happend to me during year 11
    I'm probably the most socially retarded person I know, and I kissed (active) someone at 16. I gave this several years leeway and said it starts to become slightly strange at 19 or after, just because...yeah, I'm socially retarded, and I expect most people to have more luck! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can put an age on it... It's just whenever you want to/feel ready!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 18, like most other have said, you'd have had the chance by then kinda thing.

My first kiss was at 16.. so it can happen any time really.

ReputationRep:
    18 :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start feeling like a bit of retard if I get to 18 maybe without having done it

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's any age where it's 'weird' - at a certain age things become understandable. Usually a guy who hasn't been a hit with the ladies is either usually shy, or not at all confident in their looks and therefore don't risk the rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apfel)
    I'm probably the most socially retarded person I know, and I kissed (active) someone at 16. I gave this several years leeway and said it starts to become slightly strange at 19 or after, just because...yeah, I'm socially retarded, and I expect most people to have more luck! :p:
    Your fairly hot, so I seriously doubt that social problems would get in the way.

ReputationRep:
    No age mate. Don't be pushed into doing something because of peer pressure. Wait till you find someone good enough.

I kissed my first girl when i was 8 and i also stole my mum's st christopher and gave it to said girl for a birthday present. And then when mum went livid, i broke into the classroom at lunch and stole it from said girls drawer and gave back to my mum

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Whatever age the OP is

ReputationRep:
    22-3 probably. Everyone's different, though, and the lack of kissing could actually be quite endearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Depends on if that person wishes to save their first kiss for someone they really like as opposed to a random bint in some club.

I wouldn't say there's a set age tbh, like most things in life.
    Agreed, and put much more eloquently.

(Original post by ashy)
    Did you just pick your own age?

I'd say 20+, after plenty of exposure to uni and the real world with no results would be a bit odd.
    :rolleyes: No, i did not.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.