Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

At what age would you think it's weird for a guy not to have yet kissed a girl? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I dunno really, I guess over 18/19 + would be starting to get a odd.

But you've got things like spin the bottle and stuff, unless you just meant like two people kissing by themselves.

It's a weird one though. Because like a snog can be something you just do for the sake of it, but if it's done right you can tell a lot from it, if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:

The 40 year old fridge :no:

If Apatow needs a new film idea, there's one for you there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deano88)
    I dunno really, I guess over 18/19 + would be starting to get a odd.

But you've got things like spin the bottle and stuff, unless you just meant like two people kissing by themselves.

It's a weird one though. Because like a snog can be something you just do for the sake of it, but if it's done right you can tell a lot from it, if that makes sense.
    I've never played spin the bottle in my life. Didn't even know people still did that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    I've never played spin the bottle in my life. Didn't even know people still did that!
    Yer they do. Granted it's a bit of a stupid game, but it always seemed amusing at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    I'm going to start feeling like a bit of retard if I get to 18 maybe without having done it
    Why should you feel like a retard?

I'm 20 (2 years older than 18) and I don't feel like a 'retard' just because I've never kissed (on the lips).

In the outside world (i.e. outside school) nobody goes round asking you what age you 'kissed'.

I have predominantly male friends so it's never something that's crossed my mind.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well! I always knew I was weird! :w00t:

ReputationRep:
    I was actually 3 when I had my first :cool:, but 18 for my second

ReputationRep:

You've all done it at least once in primary school. Don't deny it, unless you want to be like the two in my sig.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 25 ish. Actually, I don't think I would ever find it weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    Why should you feel like a retard?

I'm 20 (2 years older than 18) and I don't feel like a 'retard' just because I've never kissed (on the lips).

In the outside world (i.e. outside school) nobody goes round asking you what age you 'kissed'.

I have predominantly male friends so it's never something that's crossed my mind.

squish.
    Your university is predominantly male. And of the female ones a whole lot are chinese (not being racist or anything but those girls are hard to pull)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    If you're at a mixed sex school, I'd say it was weird not have kissed someone by the time you were about 16-18.

If you were at a singe sex school, I'd say it was weird not to have kissed someone by about 20.
    Ahh... I was at a single-sex. But for me university might as well be single-sex too - virtually all my friends are male. And my female friends are FRIENDS (i.e. I couldn't view them in a sexual sense).

What do you actually mean by kiss here? A kiss on the lips? A kiss on the cheek? And from who?

I take it that being kissed on the cheek by a family member when you're little doesn't count in this thread. Does it count as a kiss if I've kissed women on the cheek as a form of greeting at functions/meetings?

I've never kissed/been kissed on the lips. By 'kiss' do you guys actually mean snog/pull? I can sort of see how snogging in a club and feeling each other can be fun....but how is kissing someone on the lips briefly even enjoyable? Isn't it just something you'd do out of politeness?

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Your university is predominantly male. And of the female ones a whole lot are chinese (not being racist or anything but those girls are hard to pull)
    Not harder than black ones.

jk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    I'm 20 - I've never kissed a girl/woman (in the non-professional sense).

Obviously I've done the sort of 'polite' cheek kiss - but never a lip kiss (I don't think).
    :curious:
    Trust me, you would know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbergqvist)
    i meant a kiss on the cheek or lips. YES I KNOW ITS ANON FAIL. Also, whats the female to male ratio of UWE?
    JONNY BOI YOU GONNA BE IN BRISTOL!?

We are SO going out for a drink together!

ReputationRep:
    i meant a kiss on the cheek or lips. YES I KNOW ITS ANON FAIL. Also, whats the female to male ratio of UWE?
    What do you mean by anon fail? Why is it important? I'm not embarrassed at all that I've never been kissed - can't see what the problem is?

Not sure about UWE but I think with most universities in the UK there tend to always be slightly more females (obviously there are some exceptions to this 'rule').

It's not exactly difficult (as a man) to be able to kiss someone on the cheek - it's done out of politeness at a business function etc - the equivalent when meeting a man is just a polite handshake. It doesn't MEAN anything. I usually just shake hands with a woman rather than attempting to cheek-kiss because I'd treat a male and female acquaintance equally.

I've never BEEN kissed on the cheek because it's usually the man who is meant to kiss the woman on the cheek in those kind of situations.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayla Phoenix)
    :curious:
    Trust me, you would know.
    OK, to the best of my knowledge I haven't kissed someone/been kissed on the lips.

Remember somebody could have done it when I was sleeping though (unlikely of course).

squish.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't think it was weird at any age. Everyone's different ffs!

ReputationRep:
    i am the original anonymous poster. But if id not mentioned that id de-anon'd then id get loadsa replies telling me about it.
    John, TSR is not going to be able to help you with any of your problems - really.

(Original post by quadruple_twist)
    I wouldn't think it was weird at any age. Everyone's different ffs!
    65?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikipip)
    20s, depending also on other factors such as whether they went to uni etc.

I knew a guy who hadn't kissed anyone until 20 ... he was extremely shy and socially awkward.
    I'm 20 and have never kissed anyone (in that way) but wouldn't call myself shy/socially awkward - otherwise my company would not employ me in a client-facing role!

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, hang on... a kiss on the cheek is very different to a kiss on the lips... If we're talking about a 'snog' (as I think most people who answered the thread assumed we are) then I'd say 18+.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.