The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

General Course to full time LSE student

Hey guys please tell me what courses in the GOVERNMENT department would I need to take in my general course year if I want to transfer to LSE. I mean we need to finish atleast 8 courses at LSE but without the first two courses GOV 100 and GOV 101, how is that possible as they are pre reqs.. please lemme knw if uv had similar experience or have transferred?

refer to this..

http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/calendar/programmeRegulations/undergraduate/2007_BScGovernment.htm

# An approved paper taught outside the Department (if GV100 or GV101 not taken in year 1, this outstanding paper must be taken under this option in the second year)

and what would this be, and would it be in addition to the 4 courses?
Reply 1
When you come to LSE speak to your tutor or the student services centre.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
You can likely ignore the prerequisites, just like GV100/101 are usually prerequisites for all the 2nd and 3rd year courses but those are what general course students take. If you are coming to the government department I presume you will have done some introductory government courses at your home uni anyway.

Try and choose courses which would be broadly similar to an LSE government student's 2nd year - three GV2xx courses and one from another department and you'll be fine for transferring in.
Reply 3
i assume all courses should be GOV if I wish to transfer for my general course year?
Reply 4
secondly do u ppl have any idea if we can somehow change department for the General Course after arriving at LSE, and how?
sanasohail
i assume all courses should be GOV if I wish to transfer for my general course year?

I know one person who did this and I know he did at least one non-GV course both years, possibly more - I think he did 2 GV and 2 other in his general course year actually. An LSE government student only does 8 GV courses out of the 12 they do - like I said before, you would not be disadvantaged doing 3 GV and 1 other course in your gen course year, as this is what a normal 2nd year BSc Government student would be doing.
Reply 6
yeah you are right but i guess as I have just done one course in Gov before, and its nt a regular course at LSE, i would have to go for most... can u please get me in touch with that person.. maybe he can help me out on facebook maybe?? Thanks!!

Latest

Trending

Trending