Turn on thread page Beta

What would you recomend I look for, for 6 weeks work? watch

ReputationRep:
    Wellm basically I am looking for work for around 6-8 weeks before I go back to uni, but have no idea what to look for. I have handed my CV around shops, but no one wants to hire someone who has to go back to uni in september.

I have no experience either, which helps loads haha. Its quite frustrating really, since I now have £7 in the bank...

Oh, and I'm lookin for full time work really.

Thanks

And btw, is/was anyone else in a similar situation? What did you do/what are you doing to look for work?

ReputationRep:
    Try a temp agency. I'm fairly sure that a lot of their books will be full of people at the moment but it's worth a shot. You could also try things like casual manual labour such as marquee rigging etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I am in exactly the same boat, I have done my GCSEs and am looking for a job over the holidays and would even continue during school, as long as it was on weekends and after 7 on weekdays, nobody wants me...I feel so rejected....

ReputationRep:
    Call centres, very flexible and good pay.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for the same. I think in the current economic climate that it's difficult for anyone to get a job, even people looking for full time work.
    If you can find anything seasonal, that would be the best bet. Some places require casual summer staff but they would have advertised at the start of summer, not now.
    I live by the sea, and i'm thinking my best bet would be a fish and chip shop that are looking for staff. I'd have to swallow my pride i guess.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.