Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

All I want to do is kill my ex-girlfriend Watch

So, a good while back I met a girl, with all that entails. Moving on I kissed someone else, made a few mistakes and she met someone else. End.

I haven't been able to let this go, it's been about a year and everyday I just think about how upset and angry this makes me. A lot of the time I fantasize about killing her and her new boyfriend, slitting her throat, strangling her, y'know, that sort of thing. It's really distracting.

I want to move on from this, I have new hobbies to distract me, a new girlfriend, but I keep on coming back to this. Does anyone have any experiences similar? Or can generally advise on how to proceed.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, you're the one who kissed someone else! You're the one at fault.

You should apologise to her, get some closure and move on.

DO NOT BLAME HER FOR YOUR MISTAKE.

ReputationRep:
    no word of a lie, if this is not a troll, you need to go to see a therapist.

ReputationRep:
    i don't get the urge to kill my ex's. maybe just punch and kick one of them because i still haven't forgiven him, but we're adults we can't do that, it's illegal. so we have to let it go, try and distract ourselves until we don't think about them anymore, right now i'm just getting my head down at uni and using that time i'd be otherwise miserable, well. i can't waste my life on someone else who doesnt care about me. its not fair to myself and neither is it to you.

ReputationRep:
    Scary thing is you sound very familiar. Please get the psychological help you need :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzle)
    i don't get the urge to kill my ex's. maybe just punch and kick one of them because i still haven't forgiven him, but we're adults we can't do that, it's illegal. so we have to let it go, try and distract ourselves until we don't think about them anymore, right now i'm just getting my head down at uni and using that time i'd be otherwise miserable, well. i can't waste my life on someone else who doesnt care about me. its not fair to myself and neither is it to you.
    The apostrophe is used incorrectly here. (First sentence) It does not denote plural nouns.

ReputationRep:
    You're genuinely insane. Seek help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    Scary thing is you sound very familiar. Please get the psychological help you need :nothing:
    :wavey:

OP, please talk to someone about this. Fantasizing about killing someone, anyone, is not normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodybuilder22)
    The apostrophe is used incorrectly here. (First sentence) It does not denote plural nouns.

What the hell has that got to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    Don't be a fool. Stop fantasizing about killing her and her bf. It's absolutely destructive. Let it go.

ReputationRep:
    You need to take up a hobby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    What the hell has that got to do with anything?
    A great man once said: "People should not make elementary grammatical mistakes on TSR."

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised that there are so many people who have never thought about killing someone. Lord knows how many times I've thought about it. Thing is, there's a big difference between those who think, and those who do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    You need to take up a hobby that does not involve a felony.
    Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    You don't know me, you're too old, let go
    It's over, nobody listen to techno

(Original post by kat2pult)
    Jeez, you're the one who kissed someone else! You're the one at fault.

You should apologise to her, get some closure and move on.

DO NOT BLAME HER FOR YOUR MISTAKE.
    I did apologize. I told her right away, I knew I'd made a mistake. One of the few times I'd done "the right thing". I kinda wish I'd lied about it with hindsight.

Of course I'm not going to do anything. That would be foolish. I don't fancy the prospect of prison or having to kill myself. Anyway, I'd be suspect number 1, so there's no reasonable chance of getting away with it.

I'd rather not go to talk to a professional, I don't want to get put on a list or have anything done against my will.

ReputationRep:
    That's messed up.

ReputationRep:
    Don't dwell over the past - let it go and spend time with your new girlfriend.
    If your new girlfriend found out you thought this way about your ex, how do you think that would make her feel?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bodybuilder22)
    The full stop is used incorrectly here. It should be placed after the parenthesis to denote the end of one topic and the start of a new subject. :rolleyes: muppet.

EDIT: Yeah, OP, you need to see a shrink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Day)
    :wavey:

OP, please talk to someone about this. Fantasizing about killing someone, anyone, is not normal.

Actually its frightfully normal to fantasize about killing people (when angry, offended, upset etc), However long term obsession with killing a particular person is not.

Op you need to see a therapist, continued thoughts like this arent healthy at all.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.