Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering whether there is a way to verify Alevel results online using numbers provided on the certificates?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you need to verify results? :confused: You get your results on August 20th. Your firm uni accepts you if you meet their offer. If not, your insurance uni does. If you fail to meet either offers, you go into Clearing or re-apply.

Kapeech?

ReputationRep:
    what? why would you need to verify them, they won't print incorrect results?

you get your individual module results, you add up the total and look at the grade-point charts to determine what grade bracket your mark lies in, therefore your grade. you can always log into ucas the morning of results day to see whether or not you got into your first choice.

ReputationRep:
    Veri... what??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Veri... what??
    (Original post by breakthru)
    Why would you need to verify results? :confused: You get your results on August 20th. Your firm uni accepts you if you meet their offer. If not, your insurance uni does. If you fail to meet either offers, you go into Clearing or re-apply.

Kapeech?
    (Original post by ohaidani)
    what? why would you need to verify them, they won't print incorrect results?

you get your individual module results, you add up the total and look at the grade-point charts to determine what grade bracket your mark lies in, therefore your grade. you can always log into ucas the morning of results day to see whether or not you got into your first choice.
    I'm applying to a foreign university that was asking me to send certified copies of my results (I've already completed ALevels and got certificates). So I was wondering whether there is a way to avoid certifying documents and they could verify the results online using numbers/data printed on my certificates (like IELTS).

ReputationRep:
    Must say, I have no idea.

Contact the exam boards, thats all I can suggest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neodymium)
    I'm applying to a foreign university that was asking me to send certified copies of my results (I've already completed ALevels and got certificates). So I was wondering whether there is a way to avoid certifying documents and they could verify the results online using numbers/data printed on my certificates (like IELTS).
    I don't think there is. If they have asked for them they want them.

Best bet is to ask them.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Nope, there isn't.

You can ask the exam boards (with AQA at least) to send a copy of your results directly to a company on your behalf, but there is a charge for this

ReputationRep:
    why didn't you say this in the original post, then?

you should contact them asking. if not, why can't you just send them the pieces of paper you receive on results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohaidani)
    why didn't you say this in the original post, then?

you should contact them asking. if not, why can't you just send them the pieces of paper you receive on results day?
    If i send in the originals, they won't return it. Thats a problem.

Anyway, i sent my uncertified docs and got an offer based on the condition that i'll show them the original docs upon arrival. So no harm done

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.