The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
hey guys...nyone waitin for (edexcel) AS results???...pls enlighten me on this years grade boundaries...AS results cming out on 20th aswell
Reply 201
hey guys...nyone waitin for (edexcel) AS results???...pls enlighten me on this years grade boundaries...AS results cming out on 20th aswell
Reply 202
virjee786

i took 5 exams for edexcel...all maths, took c1, c2, d1, s2, and fp1, i think the grade boundaries for c1 and possibly c2 will either stay the same or go down.
Reply 203
11 days :|
FZka
11 days :|
We're almost down to single figures! :eek4:
Try not to panic people, just remember that theyre just qualifications. So you fail them, becoming unsuccessful in attending university resulting in retakes. Retakes of which will prevent access to the top universities, add loads of pressure next year - knowing it to be your last chance in making something of your life - making it much tougher to pass than the previous year. All of which would result to you appearing a failure in your families eyes, friends' eyes and the bathroom mirror. You then spend the next three years searching relentlessly for a job requiring only GCSEs before giving up and settling for 3 part-time jobs at Mcdonalds, Argos and Sainsburys. It is from here you will spend the rest of your life scrounging for cash to pay for food, tax and a dire weekend in blackpool with your average, whining family. Your husband/wife doesn't love you nor you him/her, with the only reason you being with them is a desperate attempt to be with someone less successful than you; the successful people dont want you, theyre with their successful significant others. Then the day comes where you lay on your death bed, asked of any regrets to which your response involves a quiet whimper, for it has been so long since your exams that your brain has turned to mush from lack of intellectual thought. It is here then, where you die, remembered only by your close family, forgotten by society and lost in the past.

Still, not the end of the world.
Reply 206
Tomato_Soup1992
Try not to panic people, just remember that theyre just qualifications. So you fail them, becoming unsuccessful in attending university resulting in retakes. Retakes of which will prevent access to the top universities, add loads of pressure next year - knowing it to be your last chance in making something of your life - making it much tougher to pass than the previous year. All of which would result to you appearing a failure in your families eyes, friends' eyes and the bathroom mirror. You then spend the next three years searching relentlessly for a job requiring only GCSEs before giving up and settling for 3 part-time jobs at Mcdonalds, Argos and Sainsburys. It is from here you will spend the rest of your life scrounging for cash to pay for food, tax and a dire weekend in blackpool with your average, whining family. Your husband/wife doesn't love you nor you him/her, with the only reason you being with them is a desperate attempt to be with someone less successful than you; the successful people dont want you, theyre with their successful significant others. Then the day comes where you lay on your death bed, asked of any regrets to which your response involves a quiet whimper, for it has been so long since your exams that your brain has turned to mush from lack of intellectual thought. It is here then, where you die, remembered only by your close family, forgotten by society and lost in the past.

Oh...... that's very depressing..
Tomato_Soup1992

I lol'd. This is TSR therefore you will probably end up responsible for several suicides because of this post. Good going. :p:
Tomato_Soup1992

:giggle: Rep dude, for making me laugh.
Reply 209
Tomato_Soup1992

roflololololololol

11day argargargargarg rawrrwararawrarwrrawr
Reply 210
zafaru123
i took 5 exams for edexcel...all maths, took c1, c2, d1, s2, and fp1, i think the grade boundaries for c1 and possibly c2 will either stay the same or go down.

oww..i c..but i still don't understand how the grade boundaries work...raw mark...UMS.bla bla bla....if u cud plss xplain...cos i need to console myself that getting an A isnt that difficult..lol
virjee786
oww..i c..but i still don't understand how the grade boundaries work...raw mark...UMS.bla bla bla....if u cud plss xplain...cos i need to console myself that getting an A isnt that difficult..lol

But it is!

Its not like A Levels are being dumbed down or anything! :rolleyes:
:p:

Joking! :p:

UMS scaling basically scales your raw score so that the mark you get is representative of how well you did in relation to the entire population that took the exam.

For most maths modules (well atleast C1-C3 on edexcel), 80% raw marks usually = 80% UMS. It could go higher or lower depending on the difficulty of the paper and how people did on it, but it usually borders between 73% and 87% raw marks for an A i.e. 55/75 and 65/75 respectively. There are some odd cases like M1 (especially the Jan 09 edexcel session) where the boundary for an A grade dropped to 65% (49/75), but this is very rare. But like I said, it depends totally on how people found the exam.

For the bio, chem and physics on edexcel ( I didn't do any other subjects so can't comment on them), between 60%-80% usually gets you 80% UMS. The A boundary is hardly ever at the two extremes (though its possible if the paper was really easy or very challenging for most people that sat it) and rather tends to be somewhere in the middle or thereabouts. Where it is again depends on how everyone found the paper.
Reply 212
i see wat u see.....so a 65/75 is 80% UMS mark..and a 55/75 can also mean 80% UMS mark..depending on my performance compared to the rest rite?..if yes..then thats not soo bad news..lol. thanx bro

anyway..wat are ur expectations in c1 c2??
virjee786
i see wat u see.....so a 65/75 is 80% UMS mark..and a 55/75 can also mean 80% UMS mark..depending on my performance compared to the rest rite?..if yes..then thats not soo bad news..lol. thanx bro

anyway..wat are ur expectations in c1 c2??

Yes. But 55/75 and 65/75 are just random numbers I picked so you can replace them with anything sensible really. It could go higher/lower than what I used. But yeah, you've got the general idea of it.

I just finished my A2s so I did C1 and C2 last summer. I got 95/100 in C1 and 90/100 in C2.
Reply 214
10 days ! :|
Reply 215
10 days ! :|
Reply 216
!MEna
We're almost down to single figures! :eek4:

:eek3:
Reply 217
9 days !:|
I may vomit right about now :frown:
Reply 219