Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ARGH

Only 20 hours 35 mins!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've arranged to go with mates, but now I've started regretting it just in case I don't get the results I'm hoping for and have to act all happy while they get through to year 13- and don't you just hate it when people don't know how to act around you?

My mum keeps complaining because I don't want her to come with me, but I don't go to the school in the local area so it would mean getting the bus very early, I'm planning on meeting my boyfriend before hand who she hates, and she's so controlling, if I don't get straight A's she'll be complaining to the teachers! (btw, I am in no way getting straight A's).

I've also considered going with my boyfriend but he's in the year above and has made it quite clear he'd prefer I didn't come with him to get his results (three hours before mine) but he has agreed to meet me- he's always saying I should do stuff like this with people in my year.

So yer, I'm going with like, two friends. What about everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll just quietly walk there myself and meet people as they get their own results. Most people in my sixth form are not as academically ambitious and I don't think I could cope if I was walking there with people dawdling. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    I've arranged to go with mates, but now I've started regretting it just in case I don't get the results I'm hoping for and have to act all happy while they get through to year 13- and don't you just hate it when people don't know how to act around you?

My mum keeps complaining because I don't want her to come with me, but I don't go to the school in the local area so it would mean getting the bus very early, I'm planning on meeting my boyfriend before hand who she hates, and she's so controlling, if I don't get straight A's she'll be complaining to the teachers! (btw, I am in no way getting straight A's).

I've also considered going with my boyfriend but he's in the year above and has made it quite clear he'd prefer I didn't come with him to get his results (three hours before mine) but he has agreed to meet me- he's always saying I should do stuff like this with people in my year.

So yer, I'm going with like, two friends. What about everyone else?
    I'm similar to you - but if my results are bad I'm more worried that my friends will feel they can't celebrate theirs cos it'll make me feel worse.
    So I'm going to lie about what I get if it's not what I want, then tell them a few days later so I don't ruin everyone's days.

Probably will wander along with the people I usually walk to school with then see everyone else there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    I'm similar to you - but if my results are bad I'm more worried that my friends will feel they can't celebrate theirs cos it'll make me feel worse.
    So I'm going to lie about what I get if it's not what I want, then tell them a few days later so I don't ruin everyone's days.

Probably will wander along with the people I usually walk to school with then see everyone else there.
    Will that really work though? I mean realistically they'll be able to see the dissapointment in your face....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saro_656)
    Will that really work though? I mean realistically they'll be able to see the dissapointment in your face....
    I think I can pull it off - I'm pretty prepared to do badly so it shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Failing that, I shall just pretend I have a phone call and use that as an excuse to walk away and compose myself

Nah, I don't know, you're probably right - it isn't a hugely practical idea! But I can't think of any other way to stop people feeling like they can't celebrate (which they will, I'm pretty sure...)

ReputationRep:
    Ive got to wait until 2pm to collect my results! psh. the joys of going to a huge college!

ReputationRep:
    0 days!!!

17 HOURS!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry y'all
    Things will go well
    And if you disagree
    Then go to hell.

ReputationRep:
    EVERYONE WILL BE FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

CHILLAX, RELAX AND LAY BACK!
    TRY AND THINK TOMORO WONT MEAN JACK!
    SO SIT IN YOUR CHAIR AND TOSS UP YOUR HAIR!
    COS TODAY IS THE DAY WHERE YOU SHOULD TRY NOT TO CARE!

made by moi XD XD XD XD

ReputationRep:
    why hello there caps lock ^_^

ReputationRep:
    hula129 is in major stress mode

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck, A-Level'ers! Stay optimistic!

Hope you get the grades you want and meet your conditional offers.

ReputationRep:
    11 hours 40 mins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gradu)
    EVERYONE WILL BE FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

CHILLAX, RELAX AND LAY BACK!
    TRY AND THINK TOMORO WONT MEAN JACK!
    SO SIT IN YOUR CHAIR AND TOSS UP YOUR HAIR!
    COS TODAY IS THE DAY WHERE YOU SHOULD TRY NOT TO CARE!

made by moi XD XD XD XD
    this shall appear in my sig AHAHAHAHA genius

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually scared for the results tomorrow. God help me.

ReputationRep:
    i'm so scared i dont mind a C or even a D in chemistry but i'd be so gutted if i get anything below that, as i worked really hard and the papers were hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiichands)
    this shall appear in my sig AHAHAHAHA genius
    thanks man

thats made me feel so happy lol

screw results day now

ReputationRep:
    Just thinking about it makes me feel sick I really don't wanna sleep tonight, because waking up tomorrow and realising its results day will probably kill me :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Please, I feel like I'm going through hell and my teeth hurt like hell.

How can I make it stop?

P.S. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight, what the hell can I do?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.