Turn on thread page Beta

The 2009 Official A-level results Countdown Clock watch

ReputationRep:
    oh dear me this summer has flown by...

ReputationRep:
    Hate the Wait. Roughly 2 months till uni, hopefully...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lets_make_some_music)
    i've got another year for retakes so i can still have another shot at some if it all goes pear shaped

i'd rather not retake though
    Same about the year thing, got to do some re-takes though (for sure)... and yeah, what are you doing for the year then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Same about the year thing, got to do some re-takes though (for sure)... and yeah, what are you doing for the year then?
    my school decided for some bizzare reason that they would do GCSE's a year early from my year onwards, so i did pretty much all my AS's last year and then 3 A2's this year, so i'm finishing the AS i picked up this year and then picking up geography AS

its a bit silly really if i'd thought about it better i could go traveling in a gap year

ReputationRep:
    For Edexcel A level results online, what time is it up?? I thought it was 6am but then somebody told me it was at 0:00am like on the day (20th August)....does anyone know for sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .:excel4100%:.)
    For Edexcel A level results online, what time is it up?? I thought it was 6am but then somebody told me it was at 0:00am like on the day (20th August)....does anyone know for sure?
    (Original post by Edexcel Email When You Register)
    Your results day is Thursday August 20. You will be able to access your results from 06:00AM GMT.
    So yeah, 6am it is.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    but 6am GMT would be 7am because we're in BST... ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blip)
    but 6am GMT would be 7am because we're in BST... ??
    yeah i thought so at first but weirdly enough last summer that didn't seem to be a problem. They were on at 6:00am and I checked them then. If you look back at the 2008 countdown thread, you'd also notice that people started posting up their results at 6.

ReputationRep:
    23 days/574 hours/34497 minutes to go. Eeeek!

ReputationRep:
    i know for a fact, some how i'll end up waking up at 6.00am, and the wait 3.5 hours, but it'll feel like 3.5 years, and even playing guitar hero won't take it off my mind. and then I'll go school really scared, and my hearts going to be beating fast. just thinking about it does.

ReputationRep:
    I hate waiting...but waiting for rejection is even less fun =(

ReputationRep:
    well i thought i'd join this thread to as i like the countdown clock!
    haven't applied to uni this year, as i wanted a gap year and i didn't want the pressure of getting certain grades, so am applying for 2010 start. am still scared of results day though, but know i have the option of resitting so it's not so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie_10)
    well i thought i'd join this thread to as i like the countdown clock!
    haven't applied to uni this year, as i wanted a gap year and i didn't want the pressure of getting certain grades, so am applying for 2010 start. am still scared of results day though, but know i have the option of resitting so it's not so bad.
    finally...someone who likes the clock lol...what you thinking of doing in the gap year, i also was thinking of it, but have only just finished AS, so another year left.

I now feel physically sick, having read all of these posts!

I'm so nervous and this is made worse by the fact that I have no insurance choice and my 18th is 10 days after results when I will still, no doubt, be sobbing under a bridge somewhere

Our challenge guys is to beat the number of posts on the 2008 thread though, so it's good that we've started early I know I'll probably be up all on the 19th and I'm hoping to have some company on this thread?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vintage_007)
    I now feel physically sick, having read all of these posts!

I'm so nervous and this is made worse by the fact that I have no insurance choice and my 18th is 10 days after results when I will still, no doubt, be sobbing under a bridge somewhere

Our challenge guys is to beat the number of posts on the 2008 thread though, so it's good that we've started early I know I'll probably be up all on the 19th and I'm hoping to have some company on this thread?!
    How many posts is that? :teeth:
    Yeah no doubt I'll be on here on the 19th, having panic attacks with the rest of you :p: Not planning on doing an all-nighter though, if the worst comes to the worst and I miss both my offers I want to have as clear a head as possible so I make the right decision what to do next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zafaru123)
    finally...someone who likes the clock lol...what you thinking of doing in the gap year, i also was thinking of it, but have only just finished AS, so another year left.
    haha! how can people not like the clock?!

i'm thinking that i'm going to try and find a job, so i can start raising some funds for uni. i've got the summer off but will start looking for a job in september, so hopefully i'll save up a bit of money.

well apply to uni and see what happens. i didn't apply for uni this year as i knew i wanted to do a gap year, but if you're not sure, apply. any ideas what you want to do if you did have a gap year?

ReputationRep:
    all yore reults are nuce everbody

ReputationRep:
    hello everybody all youre results are nice

ReputationRep:
    another thread *subs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utkarsh)
    all yore reults are nuce everbody
    (Original post by utkarsh)
    hello everybody all youre results are nice
    :lolwut:

but....:wavey:

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.