Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this cheap for a holiday with friends?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay, it's a eurostar train trip firstly to either paris/brussels for £45 return (each), and a really snazzy hostel/hotel in either of the downtown city centres for £19 a night (shared rooms though). Planning on staying there for about 4/5 nights in August (early friday morning to probably tuesday night)

Is this expensive?? I've never been abroad alone before :o: so have no idea

How much should i take for spending money?? how much in total??

cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that seems like quite a good deal. The flights alone for me and my friend were £160.

Money wise it depends where you are going and what you are planning to do, for example drinks can cost A LOT, but it really varies on where you are going. I would suggest taking around £150/200, I dont really know the euro is doing these days. Its always better to take too much than too little and you'll probably find that you'll come back with a lot of it. Remember to carry money in different pockets and stuff, so its spread about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fortunecookie)
    Yeah that seems like quite a good deal. The flights alone for me and my friend were £160.

Money wise it depends where you are going and what you are planning to do, for example drinks can cost A LOT, but it really varies on where you are going. I would suggest taking around £150/200, I dont really know the euro is doing these days. Its always better to take too much than too little and you'll probably find that you'll come back with a lot of it. Remember to carry money in different pockets and stuff, so its spread about.
    Cheers, thanks! Tbh, we're not really crazy drinkers, just really going there for the cultural experience: theatres/music/galleries/restauraunts/soaking up the general culture etc

Have no idea if that'll be it'll cost more than just goin there for the booze! :o:

ReputationRep:
    That's REALLY cheap! Go for it have fun

ReputationRep:
    Really cheap.
    It cost me and friends £180 pp for 5 nights in florence + flights.

ReputationRep:
    From what I remember the Louvre was free when we were there due to either a. we were students, b. we were under 18 - i.e. I'm not sure. If you had to pay it wasn't expensive anyway. The Eiffel Tower is a bit more expensive from what I remember. Drinking out can cost lots but you can get some dirt cheap bottles of wine at supermarkets if that's your kinda thing.

There's an awesome restaurant on Rue de Faubourg called Chartiers which is very cheap by Parisian standards, and is certainly an experience, so make sure you go there!

I'd say budget as if you were going to London for the same amount of time and were planning on doing the typical tourist things there. Have fun!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.