Turn on thread page Beta

I feel like my girlfriend doesn't do enough for me. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well you havent really provided us with enuf detail coz if thats it i cant see what your problem is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The same basic principles apply though; when an animal does something wrong, you teach it not to repeat that behaviour and become better from it.
    Oh God, you're such a ****.
    Some advice for your girlfriend: :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    :troll:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I provide a lot for her. Since we started going out from the first date, I have always paid half of the costs of anything that we do so it is always a fair relationship. I let her go out with her friends once a week and don't interrogate her over who she spoke to or what she did providing she's home at a reasonable time. I've helped her with her degree work (she's 19 at university, and i'm 27) and pointed out parts that made her sound stupid that she could improve on to get a better grade. The list goes on.

But I still feel that what she does for me doesn't really balance out. I am grateful that she has a meal ready for me at 6pm Monday to Friday when I return home from work, but then she tells me she's been busy with university all day and is too tired to go out sometimes or do anything with me, when i've been working a busy 9-5 job.

Another thing that bothers me, is that I come from quite a wealthy family. She has met my parents and they didn't approve of her background, but I convinced them to be civil. Now I'm supposed to be meeting her parents in a couple of weeks and I'm worried they will be very common.

Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions on how I can train her a little better, and maybe make her a little more respectable?
    I dno why this girl is with you. Is she dating her father, a chauvinist or a dog trainer???

You're so stuck up, she deserves way better. Flob on.

There is something deeply wrong with you.

Either you were brought up with idiotic religious conservative values or you're an idiotic dominance obsessed insecure man, or you're just a douche.

She deserves much better. Infact, i hope that she's just using you to get through university before she dumps yo ass.

ReputationRep:
    Troll. If not, your a complete and total w***** and she'll probably be better off looking for someone else than being treated so awfully by YOU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiration)
    mmm well too be honest ur a bit stingy making her pay for half.ive been with my man fo year and he NEVER EVER lets me pay for anything. thats how a man should be. the women feels u r manly for it . and will look after u more.

the root of ur problem fixed

dont trim the leaves take it out by the root
    The emboldended bit - why? That's a bit sexist isn't it? Are you saying you've given up your right to go out to work or have your own social life and that you do all the housework?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTVicky)
    The emboldended bit - why? That's a bit sexist isn't it? Are you saying you've giving up your right to vote or to go out to work or have your own social life and that you do all the housework?
    Here we go again. A man cannot be a gentleman without being called a chauvinistic pig. Let guys be nice, for crying out loud! It's not being patronising, it's being polite!

Bloody hell.

Also, OP you're a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    OK, I'm closing this thread as it's just turning into spam and insults now, and I'm not entirely sure it was serious in the first place.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.