Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I get over her? Can't stop thinking about her. watch

Hey, to give you some background I'm 18, I met this girl let's call her Sarah who's 25 and In the past few months we've became more friendly, going out together (usually in a group) etc.
    A few months ago I had some exams so she offered to let me use her office so I could study in (home is really distracting) during this time I developed a crush and we became more friendly, flirting a bit etc. I decided to wait until after my exams were over to ask her out but, every time I tried I didn't and I ask her something else. About 2 Weeks ago I decided to take the plunge so I phoned her up and asked if she wanted to go out for coffee, unfortunatly she said "She doesn't think it's a good idea" since then I havn't seen her or talked to her (various reasons, I've been quite busy)
    I thought that asking her out she'd either say Yes which would be good or if she rejected me I could get over her and find someone else. For a few days I didn't think about her at all but, this past week She's literally been constantly on my mind, It's been tearing me up so much.
    I'm probably going to see her on some time next week but, after that I'm going on holiday so I won't be seeing her much. Basically the question is how do I either get over Sarah so I don't keep thinking about her or do I still have a chance with her and if so should I ask her out again sometime in the future

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel...girls in their mid 20's are the best people :sad: They act all mature and grown up and they're so attractive :sad: Unfortunately, you're just too young for her so my advice is to find another gf around your age to take your mind off her.

ReputationRep:
    way too young for her.
    just move on.
    crushes and broken hearts don't last forever anyway.
    you will get over it even though you feel like you won't.

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    I know how you feel...girls in their mid 20's are the best people http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/sad.gif They act all mature and grown up and they're so attractive http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/sad.gif Unfortunately, you're just too young for her so my advice is to find another gf around your age to take your mind off her.
    As funny as the picture in your sig is and as good as the advice you gave, Unfortunatly I was just focusing on this one girl and eventually I feel into some sort of feeling where it's like there's just this one girl or it's no one else. Tbh she is pretty much perfect for me, we both have the same interests, she's mature, intelligent, cute, brunette, funny, friendly, nice, great smile. It'll be hard finding someone else.
    Do you think I should ask her why she thinks it's not a good idea and talk about it with her or just continue life with her as my friend?

(Original post by mitsabeeba)
    you will get over it even though you feel like you won't.
    I know I will get over her eventually but, it's just how? tbh I don't want to get over her, I'd rather she go out with me but, that's not gonna happen lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know I will get over her eventually but, it's just how? tbh I don't want to get over her, I'd rather she go out with me but, that's not gonna happen lol
    there is now HOW to getting over somebody.
    it just happens. with time.
    you will have heard it a million times, that time cures heartaches, and thats because it is true.

you will have heard it a million times, that time cures heartaches, and thats because it is true.
    Well thanks for being straight with me, as much as I don't want to hear it

Cheers

Any other advice peeps?

ReputationRep:

Cheers

Any other advice peeps?

fire in the heart sends smoke to the head.
    it is just a crush, even though it feels pretty crap.
    and i know, it can feel terrible.
    but it will fade. avoid seeing her. avoid thinking of her.
    keep yourself busy.

ReputationRep:

Cheers

Any other advice peeps?

Just accept the way you feel and don't block your thoughts that stray to her, that's unhealthy and might lead to an even bigger obsession. No contact eases the pain, but time heals all wounds eventually at any rate, think long term, distract yourself with other things and you'll find yourself over it soon.

I know you lot are saying No contact works but, I havn't spoken to her for 2 Weeks. At first I didn't think about her but, then it slowly got worse and worse up to the point I was constantly thinking about her and even wrote a post on TSR about it.
    It seems like if I just miss her tbh so if I see her and have a chat it might make my feelings for her go away.

ReputationRep:
    Go on holiday, shag some random bird and you'll forget about her

ReputationRep:
    Show her your c0ck... might work..

(Original post by ToeRag)
    Show her your c0ck... might work..
    Doubt it, if anything I'll get arrested and we'll be further apart

btw you might have noticed I'm not in the mood for jokes, I'd like actual advice

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it, if anything I'll get arrested and we'll be further apart

btw you might have noticed I'm not in the mood for jokes, I'd like actual advice
    Ok....

Time is a great healer

when she's 30 and getting saggy, you'll be 23 and full of spunk, at 23 I did all my best pulling and would never want to be tied down

7 years is a big gap between blokes and birds... biological clock etc- I'll never work out so whats the point

Go out tonight and get a shag, always makes you feel better...

sound good??

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a bit off topic, but i remember you posting last year about you and your fiance breaking up, do you think you're over it completely now? just wondering cos its always nice to hear of people getting on with their lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzle)
    I know this is a bit off topic, but i remember you posting last year about you and your fiance breaking up, do you think you're over it completely now? just wondering cos its always nice to hear of people getting on with their lives.
    woah you remember
    yeah we brokeup last summer
    its been a very messy year, and i travelled back home in december to see him.
    it temporarily worked out again, but of course broke down once more. i called it quits around february.
    my heart is still very broken.
    but it has made things way easier by just focusing on my anger for him and not all our happy memories.
    as far as im concerned, he is dead to me. and there is no way im letting anybody take my heart again like that!
    if i could give anybody any advice about breakups and relationships, it is to not get so deeply involved so young.
    and when it comes to breakups - harden up, become cold and forget all the good things about the relationship. it makes it much more easier to move on and forget

ReputationRep:
    woah you remember
    yeah we brokeup last summer
    its been a very messy year, and i travelled back home in december to see him.
    it temporarily worked out again, but of course broke down once more. i called it quits around february.
    my heart is still very broken.
    but it has made things way easier by just focusing on my anger for him and not all our happy memories.
    as far as im concerned, he is dead to me. and there is no way im letting anybody take my heart again like that!
    if i could give anybody any advice about breakups and relationships, it is to not get so deeply involved so young.
    and when it comes to breakups - harden up, become cold and forget all the good things about the relationship. it makes it much more easier to move on and forget

I only remembered cos of your sig, i thought it was pretty sorry to hear about that, i guess the grass isn't so green on the other side, it's funny cos you always have that fantasy of getting back together after a breakup, but when you do, it rarely lives up to it. i know what you mean about don't get involved too young, i don't want to love anyone again for a long long long time, its emotionally draining and not worth it at this age, just want to have fun for now. I guess we'll both be 100% again one day, i live in hope :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, to give you some background I'm 18, I met this girl let's call her Sarah who's 25 and In the past few months we've became more friendly, going out together (usually in a group) etc.
    A few months ago I had some exams so she offered to let me use her office so I could study in (home is really distracting) during this time I developed a crush and we became more friendly, flirting a bit etc. I decided to wait until after my exams were over to ask her out but, every time I tried I didn't and I ask her something else. About 2 Weeks ago I decided to take the plunge so I phoned her up and asked if she wanted to go out for coffee, unfortunatly she said "She doesn't think it's a good idea" since then I havn't seen her or talked to her (various reasons, I've been quite busy)
    I thought that asking her out she'd either say Yes which would be good or if she rejected me I could get over her and find someone else. For a few days I didn't think about her at all but, this past week She's literally been constantly on my mind, It's been tearing me up so much.
    I'm probably going to see her on some time next week but, after that I'm going on holiday so I won't be seeing her much. Basically the question is how do I either get over Sarah so I don't keep thinking about her or do I still have a chance with her and if so should I ask her out again sometime in the future

Cheers
    Buddy, you're currently having a huge does of one-itis: obsessing over a woman who you've had no sexual contact with. The best way to solve it is to learn game, go out, and indulge your animalistic caveman urge to shag as many females as possible.

Enjoy

Gftow

ReputationRep:
    18 yr old guy - 25 yr old girl

*The guy is too young for her yet...

18 yr old girl - 23-30 year old guy

*it's just fine....

:confused:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.