Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I get over her? Can't stop thinking about her. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey, to give you some background I'm 18, I met this girl let's call her Sarah who's 25 and In the past few months we've became more friendly, going out together (usually in a group) etc.
    A few months ago I had some exams so she offered to let me use her office so I could study in (home is really distracting) during this time I developed a crush and we became more friendly, flirting a bit etc. I decided to wait until after my exams were over to ask her out but, every time I tried I didn't and I ask her something else. About 2 Weeks ago I decided to take the plunge so I phoned her up and asked if she wanted to go out for coffee, unfortunatly she said "She doesn't think it's a good idea" since then I havn't seen her or talked to her (various reasons, I've been quite busy)
    I thought that asking her out she'd either say Yes which would be good or if she rejected me I could get over her and find someone else. For a few days I didn't think about her at all but, this past week She's literally been constantly on my mind, It's been tearing me up so much.
    I'm probably going to see her on some time next week but, after that I'm going on holiday so I won't be seeing her much. Basically the question is how do I either get over Sarah so I don't keep thinking about her or do I still have a chance with her and if so should I ask her out again sometime in the future

Cheers
    Aw OP
    Like misteeba said, time is a healer and there'll be a new person you'll develop a crush on. I know it won't seem it now but you'll meet someone else probably a bit nearer to your age with similar interests/goals and you'll hit it off immediately and not look back once. When you meet someone else you like it'll take your mind off of her.
    Just because this girl isn't going to get anywhere with you just means it gives a lot of other girls a chance to find you

(Original post by writergirl)
    Aw OP
    Like misteeba said, time is a healer and there'll be a new person you'll develop a crush on. I know it won't seem it now but you'll meet someone else probably a bit nearer to your age with similar interests/goals and you'll hit it off immediately and not look back once. When you meet someone else you like it'll take your mind off of her.
    Just because this girl isn't going to get anywhere with you just means it gives a lot of other girls a chance to find you
    Yeah I'll try and let time heal but, because we have similar interests and hang around in the same circles we'll probably be seeing alot of eaching other for the time being.
    Also this girl is probably the first that I've had a crush on (I've gone out with other girls but, I was only really attracted to them after we had been going out, If you get what I mean. As I said before this is the only girl I've met that has so far ticked all the right boxes for me)

(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    18 yr old guy - 25 yr old girl

*The guy is too young for her yet...

18 yr old girl - 23-30 year old guy

*it's just fine....

http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/confused.gif
    Yeh it sucks all the threads and posts I've seen on TSR where people say "age is just a number", "Yeah it will work out it's only 7 years age difference" They were lying.

Or at least it doesn't work in practice

(Original post by jimdawg)
    Buddy, you're currently having a huge does of one-itis: obsessing over a woman who you've had no sexual contact with. The best way to solve it is to learn game, go out, and indulge your animalistic caveman urge to shag as many females as possible.

Enjoy
    tbh, I've never been the type of person who could go out, approach a girl, have a great consversation and get laid. I wouldn't mind learning "Game" but, I'm off on holiday in a week and I doubt I'd be able to put what I learn into practice by then. Plus I got the feeling that even if I shag enough girls to make my **** fall off I'll still have a crush on this girl.

Yeah I know it's one-itis but, what am I gonna do.

ReputationRep:
    just have sex with loads of girls and you will soon see that she isnt that special

(Original post by lovejones)
    just have sex with loads of girls and you will soon see that she isnt that special
    Thanks for the advice but, as I've said earlier. I'm not the type of person who would meet a girl and get her in my bed a few hours later. The only girls I have had sex with (except for one) I've been in a relationship with. I just don't know how to and about this learning "game" thing. I wouldn't feel confident that I could get a girl I met to sleep with me later (and tbh I wouldn't really want to)

I dunno I just feel that I'll still think she's special even if I do sleep with loads of girls

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.