Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I chose Grizedale as my first choice and Lonsdale as my second..
    any opinions on this decision? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I picked Grizedale as my first choice too and Pendle as my second.

I think most people have said that the colleges aren't all that different though, and it's the actual accomodation thats more important.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Grizedale have had all new rooms, thats why I picked it really :P
    Have u been and had a look around?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had a look round and they all seemed really nice. Did you go to see it?
    I mainly picked those two because they're really close to the Management building, which is where I think I'll mostly be.

ReputationRep:
    Gz (Grizedale) is a good choice, the brand new townhouses and flats are super nice and with a new very very very expensive bar with a good friend of mine running it, I guarantee it will be fantastic.

and Lonsdale is lots of fun too!

ReputationRep:
    Grizedale didn't have a bar last year, so it was the worst on campus. It looks tidy from what I've seen though and the townhouses and that are new, so good effort on that. Not overly keen on Lonsdale though, I'd have gone for any of County/Pendle/Furness. Otherwise, good effort.

ReputationRep:
    gZ is awesome lol the accommodation's all nice & we'll actually have a bar this year too yayy everyone i've met there is lovely + all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip67)
    Gz (Grizedale) is a good choice, the brand new townhouses and flats are super nice and with a new very very very expensive bar with a good friend of mine running it, I guarantee it will be fantastic.

and Lonsdale is lots of fun too!
    Yeh Gz is not a bad choice as my very good friend pendlephil says new accomodation and a sexy new bar which yours truely shall be working at during freshers week!! Yeh boy! Ill also be working county if any of you people are lucky enough to get into that amazing college!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucky_7's)
    Yeah I had a look round and they all seemed really nice. Did you go to see it?
    I mainly picked those two because they're really close to the Management building, which is where I think I'll mostly be.
    If your UG then its unlikely you'll be in the management school all too often! The posh lecture theatres in there are just for showing off...I never had a lecture in the nice one in three years despite doing a MS degree

ReputationRep:
    Unless you are an MBA student you won't be using the lecture theatres in the Management School that much, or in the case of UG - never.

This explains why Lancaster's MBA ranking is so high - MBA students even have their own lounge ffs. What's up with that? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otu1987)
    If your UG then its unlikely you'll be in the management school all too often! The posh lecture theatres in there are just for showing off...I never had a lecture in the nice one in three years despite doing a MS degree
    Probably should have asked that while i was there:rolleyes: ahh well, good job I don't mind walking then.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I'll be going to Grizedale too, sooo excited! :excited: :excited:

ReputationRep:
    Ooo grizedale's seeming quite popular this year! You all made a good choice The new bar looks fab from outside so farrr

ReputationRep:
    Grizedale was my second choice Furness was my first. I think I'll be happy in either - that is if I get into Lancaster at all!

They all look nice though, and I've heard that it's the accommodation you should go by, rather than the college itself. I personally wanted a Standard, so it didn't leave much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled1)
    Grizedale was my second choice Furness was my first. I think I'll be happy in either - that is if I get into Lancaster at all!

They all look nice though, and I've heard that it's the accommodation you should go by, rather than the college itself. I personally wanted a Standard, so it didn't leave much
    Hey, I've applied for the same colleges.. In that sequence too.. Got my offer already and yes, one of the Furness standards is mine..!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nisa311)
    Hey, I've applied for the same colleges.. In that sequence too.. Got my offer already and yes, one of the Furness standards is mine..!!!
    Aww, that's brilliant! You must be really pleased! Congratulations on your offer too! What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawbgirl)
    I chose Grizedale as my first choice and Lonsdale as my second..
    any opinions on this decision? :confused:
    OOOooh I've picked the same as youu.
    Gooood choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled1)
    Aww, that's brilliant! You must be really pleased! Congratulations on your offer too! What are you studying?
    HAHA Thanks..!! I literally jumped up and down when I got it.. HAHA At least, nothing to worry anymore.. Anyways, Im going to do Management and Organisation (HR Management). How about you..? Is it confirm you’re going to Furness or still waiting..? I am looking for Furness people now.. So, it would be easier to go through the Fresher’s week..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nisa311)
    HAHA Thanks..!! I literally jumped up and down when I got it.. HAHA At least, nothing to worry anymore.. Anyways, Im going to do Management and Organisation (HR Management). How about you..? Is it confirm you’re going to Furness or still waiting..? I am looking for Furness people now.. So, it would be easier to go through the Fresher’s week..
    Ooh, that should be a good course I'm wanting to do Psychology, though I'm really doubting that I'll be going to Lancaster at all this year! I can only wish for the best though. So nope, it's not guarenteed for me yet. I really hope I do get into Furness, if I get into Lancaster of course.

I'll let you know though It would be nice to know Furness people beforehand

ReputationRep:
    It does seem like Gz is very popular this year round! I was a Furnessian for my 3 years... but don't worry about which college you're allocated - they're all brilliant, and you'll meet people from every college! If you've got any questions just send me a message!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.