Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What a joke. The damn thing got turned on at 15:00 and at 15:01 when I went on the site, it's broken under the load.

https://www.pandemicflu.direct.gov.uk/

national pandemic Flu service
    Welcome to the National Pandemic Flu Service
    The Service is currently very busy and cannot deal with your request at this time

Please try again in a little while. You will need the following information about the patient:

* Their date of birth,
    * Their current symptoms,
    * Their history of any serious medical conditions,
    * Their health service number, or if they are a foreign visitor, their passport number or European Identity Card number
    * and their postcode

You will also need a pen and paper to write down information we give you
    Why did they think that opening this sort of thing in the middle of the day was a good idea? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Great. My mum is going to get inundated with calls again... They've been forcing her to do extra on call work without pay, which used to mean about a 1/20 chance of getting called, but now means she is awake all night with work the next day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    What a joke. The damn thing got turned on at 15:00 and at 15:01 when I went on the site, it's broken under the load.

https://www.pandemicflu.direct.gov.uk/

Why did they think that opening this sort of thing in the middle of the day was a good idea? :rolleyes:
    that. is hilarious. seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Great. My mum is going to get inundated with calls again... They've been forcing her to do extra on call work without pay, which used to mean about a 1/20 chance of getting called, but now means she is awake all night with work the next day.
    That sucks. Is she a doctor or does she work for NHS Direct?

ReputationRep:
    Government funded websites, robustly reliable as always

ReputationRep:
    Safer for the public now it's broken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    That sucks. Is she a doctor or does she work for NHS Direct?
    She is an infection control nurse, so when she's on call she is the first on scene for 2 counties! She'd only had the job for a month before SF started showing up lol. Everyone who she goes to see seriously thinks they are going to die because of the media hysteria.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh when I read the title I thought it would be the crackling joke again.

But yeah I agree, what idiot came up with the idea of doing it during the day? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Safer for the public now it's broken.
    :rofl:

the sad thing is that this is probably true.

I wonder how long till someone posts one of their flow charts online so that anyone and everyone knows exactly what to say to get hold of tamiflu regardless of whether they should have it or not.....

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone actually surprised?

Best thing to do, would be shut the media up about it - scaremongering *******s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    She is an infection control nurse, so when she's on call she is the first on scene for 2 counties! She'd only had the job for a month before SF started showing up lol. Everyone who she goes to see seriously thinks they are going to die because of the media hysteria.
    Bugger.

The media frenzy over it is beyond ridiculous, though. It's no more serious than seasonal flu and we don't give a damn about that, normally. :rolleyes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.