Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm not going to go into any details, but I'm planning on moving into one in the holidays. I've looked on the websites and everything, but I still don't really know 'what to expect' as such. I understand that I will have my own room (With lock, thank you Jebus) and that I will be sharing a kitchen etc, but that's all I really know. So, to those of you who know a lot about it, or who has experience living in one, what's it like? Also, would you say it was a **** hole?

ReputationRep:
    Isnt a foyer just an entrance hall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    Isnt a foyer just an entrance hall?
    Yeah thats what I thought. Is the OP talking about Halls ? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently there's more to it then that, it's not just 'halls'...

Could have left my Anon on, pfft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failed123)
    Apparently there's more to it then that, it's not just 'halls'...

Could have left my Anon on, pfft.
    Why did you need it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Why did you need it?
    Well some people on the forum might know me, that's all.

Also, how come I got an alert for posting this in the 'wrong forum'? I didn't even post it in the General Chat, it got moved there by another moderator. Damn, TSR...

ReputationRep:
    WTF. You are moving into a foyer ?

ReputationRep:
    FOYER

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    FOYER
    I was hoping if someone could describe a more 'personal' description of what they are like. Wikipedia is the first site I looked at months ago, and it doesn't really explain what a Foyer is like, plus it would be quite concerning for me or anyone to send in an application form not knowing the simple basics of what a Foyer is, wouldn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Such an apt name. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failed123)
    I was hoping if someone could describe a more 'personal' description of what they are like. Wikipedia is the first site I looked at months ago, and it doesn't really explain what a Foyer is like, plus it would be quite concerning for me or anyone to send in an application form not knowing the simple basics of what a Foyer is, wouldn't it?
    You cant live in a foyer!
    Its just a room with doors leading off. A table and chairs if your lucky (although this strays in lounge territory)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    You cant live in a foyer!
    Its just a room with doors leading off. A table and chairs if your lucky (although this strays in lounge territory)
    Yes.

It's the lesser of two evils. My current accomodation is less 'lively'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.