Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm wondering if anyone can help me. In september I should be starting an NHS funded degree, therefore I havn't applied for a tuition fee loan. However if I do better than anticipated in my results I would like to go through adjustment and do an English degree, but obviously I havn't got money for the fees from the tuition loan. Would it be too late to apply? Would they let me wait a while before I got the money? or would they just not let me do it? Where do I stand?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think tuition fee loans come out straight away anyway...? I don't know how long it takes tyo receive the loan if you apply for it near the start of term though.

Sorry, I'm not terribly helpful am I.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    I don't think tuition fee loans come out straight away anyway...? I don't know how long it takes tyo receive the loan if you apply for it near the start of term though.

Sorry, I'm not terribly helpful am I.
    No thanks thats part of what I needed to hear

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I don't know if it is the same at all unis, but at mine it was months later student finance payed the tuition fee loan to them, there was a set date, but can't remember it! They don't expect tuition fees to be payed straight away by those using the loan, so you should be ok.

You could email the uni you are interested in though and explain your situation, just to put your mind at rest.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to uni through clearing(last minute decision) so I ended up getting loan late...anyway...as for tuition fees mine weren't paid until I gave my uni the letter saying they were being paid by Student Loans then they forwarded it to Student Loans to confirm I was actually at uni etc.

AJxx

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.