Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got a 2:2... feel like dying Watch

ReputationRep:
    Try not to set such unrealistic goals for yourself, because it'll only make you feel worse. Perhaps chat to a careers adviser or someone to see what you can do with the results you've achieved... BCC and a 2:2 may not have been what you wanted, but it's what you got and certainly better than nothing at all. It may feel like the end of the world now, but you have options and you'll realise that life goes on, and things like experience etc. also count for a hell of a lot. TSR is full of students with grades that don't represent the country, though, and therefore you may not get responses that echo everything I've said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    i got a 2:1 in first and 2nd year and i feel like ****. I want a 1st so bad =(
    So work harder, then. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    you got BCC for your A - Levels - I personally wouldn't have expected you to get higher than a 2:2 in medicine to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh- 2.2- the wasters dream ticket

To be fair if I'd actually tried and got a 2.2 then I'd be p1ssed off aswell...

Nevermind... McDonalds are recruiting!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel like dying atm because I've put 2 hard years into a degree and ended up with a high 2:2.. I know it's not the end of the world but it is for me because all my life I've screwed up even my A levels I got average grades (BCC) but the course I've longed to enter (medicine) I've always failed to get into because of my piss poor grades.

Now I don't know what I want to do with my life
    I speak from harsh learnt experience. You may find it hard to believe, but you are in a good way. Stop looking at it negatively. If you get demotivated now you may regret it in a few years. You have a full degree, more than many manage. You have the chance to work your way up the career ladder, years ahead and differing options, plus the chance to get independent and have a place of your own. Sometimes looking back on percieved failure can almost`be a justification for doing nothing in the present or future. In five years time you may end up rgretting not the degree or a levels but the next phase of your life when you did nothing. There are loads of people who do well early on then lose the impetus, you are only just beginning,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToeRag)

Harsh!

ReputationRep:
    Average grades at a levels are D you passed them brilliantly, and its not as if you failed. you got your degree surely thats enuf. Think about all the people who failed, and what they are going through right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkflamingoes)
    Average grades at a levels are D you passed them brilliantly, and its not as if you failed. you got your degree surely thats enuf. Think about all the people who failed, and what they are going through right now.
    Not picking faults, but out of curiosity, have you got a source for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Harsh!
    But fair..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    So work harder, then. :dontknow:
    aye, next year i will! don't worry =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToeRag)

they are so not! i tried to get a job there! i'm desparate!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I understand that getting results lower than what you hoped for can be upsetting. But educations use is just as a stepping stone to the next level. You have a degree. That's the importance. And now a whole array of new opportunities can open up to you. We'l maybe once this recessions over Chin up.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like dying atm because I've put 2 hard years into a degree and ended up with a high 2:2.. I know it's not the end of the world but it is for me because all my life I've screwed up even my A levels I got average grades (BCC) but the course I've longed to enter (medicine) I've always failed to get into because of my piss poor grades.

To be fair, you've had 21 years to prove yourself academically (maybe more?) and you've, either through lack of effort, lack of intelligence, or other circumstances, have failed to reach the high standard required to get into medicine.

You've haven't done particularly well - get over it. You can still get a great job, its just gna be harder. Although tbf you can probably forget about becoming a doctor.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I know you don't want to hear it, but it really isn't the end of the world. I got a 2:2, as did half of my friends and we are all doing what we had been planning to anyway (I was never going to get a 2:1, but two of my friends were right on the border).
    There are still options regarding medicine, Nottingham and St. Georges both consider people with a 2:2 if you get a good GAMSAT result. You could also look into alternative careers in healthcare, maybe make an appointment at your uni's careers office?

ReputationRep:
    Get drunk and go and have a dance

ReputationRep:
    If I get BCC come August 20th, i'd be so happy. Be glad you haven't failed everything with lowest grades at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    TSR-where going to uni outside the top 10 is grounds for suicide...
    true though

ReputationRep:

a two year degree? what, where, when how?

as for the 2:2.. sorry to hear that, but thats life. happens to some!
    just make the most of what you have i suppose.
    its not the end of the world, plenty of companies and recruitment agencies dont look down on a 2:2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemkule)
    There are a few Universities that accept a 2:2 honours degree for medicine.
    I can't believe some idiot neg repped me for that post. The idiot clearly doesn't understand that it is really competitive medicine, and simply 'passing' doesn't cut it and the OP himself / herself knows this, that is why they are annoyed, or at least this would be one of the reasons. With that said, sure, some universities accept 2:2 degrees as a minimum, but the reality is, and the OP knows this, most people applying will have 2:1+, as well as the fact he / she will be against undergrads as well! Whoever did it could at least have the decency to put their name down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Not picking faults, but out of curiosity, have you got a source for that?
    Havent got a source but i remember our head of sixth form giving us a lecture about how many people were disappointed with their results being Ds or Cs after getting better at GCSE and he was there was nothing to worry about as Ds were average for most of the country. He may have been wrong but i can see how it makes sense.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.