Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the oldest item in your wardrobe? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What's the oldest piece of clothing you still wear?

I had a pair of trainers that lasted me 6 years until I recently threw them out...I realised just how scruffy they were getting :o:

Most of my tops, jeans etc. are only 1-2 years old but I've got jackets that I've probably had since I was in my mid-teens (I'm 23 now!)

ReputationRep:
    I have a velvet jacket that my great grandmother made for herself when she was my age.

It's about 85 years old.

(I do actually wear it, but only on special occasions)

ReputationRep:
    Some clothes from Spain which are two years old.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Some t-shirts I bought two years ago I think. Unless you count underwear (I have a bra fetish).

ReputationRep:
    I'm doubting I have anything more than about a year and a half old in there, as I grow out of stuff very quickly. My Dad, however, only recently got rid of the trainers that he'd been wearing since the 80s

ReputationRep:
    I have some belts that my dad worn when he was fairly young. I don't know exactly how old that makes then, though. I also have a dress that by boss used to wear when she was my age, so that's older than the average item in my wardrobe.

A lot of the stuff I wear on a day-to-day basis is often up to 5 years old, or more. I've not grown significantly since I was about 14 :p:

Does jewellery count? Somewhere I have a child's bracelet that belonged to one of my grandmother's older siblings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    I have a velvet jacket that my great grandmother made for myself when she was my age.

It's about 85 years old.

(I know that's not what you really meant, but it's really really old!! And I've actually worn it!!)
    surely she didn't make it for you

ReputationRep:
    I just had a big clear out of my wardrobe (was painting my room) so most of my stuff is new. I only have some heirloom jewellry that I never wear, and maybe a coat or two from two years ago that I also never wear. I get bored of clothes really quickly.

ReputationRep:
    this jumper i used to have.. i bought it at xl when i wear l and ive been wearing it for like 3 years..
    and also my air force ones..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    surely she didn't make it for you
    No, she did not, considering she was dead before I was born

I meant to write "herself". She made it for herself.

I'll go edit that now...

ReputationRep:
    I've got some 'fat clothes' up in the loft from when I was in 6th form, so they're about 5 years old.

My everyday wardrobe though, are all less than 6 months old.

ReputationRep:
    A silky-cardigan-thing that my aunt gave to me, from the 80's I believe. Looks excellent with a waist belt.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I *think* probably my black overcoat from Zara and my first proper suit from when I was 15. Unfortunately it no longer fits

ReputationRep:
    my gran, i've tried to get her to leave, but she won't move!

ReputationRep:
    My CCF (Army) uniform, had it since I joined almost 5 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    What's the oldest piece of clothing you still wear?

I had a pair of trainers that lasted me 6 years until I recently threw them out...I realised just how scruffy they were getting :o:

Most of my tops, jeans etc. are only 1-2 years old but I've got jackets that I've probably had since I was in my mid-teens (I'm 23 now!)
    I've got a bowler hat from prom 3 years ago. That's all.

ReputationRep:
    I have a denim jacket with metal studs, and for some reason that jewish star, and a matching miniskirt, and (i think they're ruffles?) all over the place. It's from the 80's. :cool:

No, really. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I have a genuine 1970s outfit in my wardrobe. Have only worn it once myself and got loads of lovely comments about it.

ReputationRep:
    I have a hoody from when I was 11yrs old. I just can't bring myself to get rid of it.

ReputationRep:
    Most of my things are only a year or two old at most, but there is a vintage dress that I think is from the 1970s and a Harry Potter pink top I brought when I was 13.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.