Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What's the oldest item in your wardrobe? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a poloshirt from primary school that I got signed on my last day, five years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Have one or two tops that I had back in yr.7 (so 7ish years ago) that are still (semi-) useable. I used to never buy clothes.

ReputationRep:
    i don't have a wardrobe anymore

ReputationRep:
    i have a pair of suede heels from 1941 that have never been worn?

ReputationRep:
    Some vintage 50s clothing and jewellery. Also a little embroidered shirt I used to wear as a kid - I think that's from the 40s. I obv can't fit into it anymore..

ReputationRep:
    An elastic waist belt that used to be my mum's when she was my age.

ReputationRep:
    I have a few things that I must have bought in 6th form (i'm 21 now), but I don't really wear them that often. My everyday clothes are pretty much all less than a year old I would say.

ReputationRep:
    A vinatge burberry trench coat i purchased the other day although i was told it was pretty old

ReputationRep:
    have a winter coat that i got when i was 13 (purposely got it too big for me so that i could wear it over my school blazer) still wear it now and im turning 20 this year

best 70 quid ever spent on clothes

ReputationRep:
    An old versace dress of my mums.

ReputationRep:
    18 years :proud: i beat u all! :p: it's a scarf my grandma knitted for me when i was a baby... but now i occassionally wear it like a neck tie thing :danceboy: lol
    after that it's an off white top that i got when i was 12 and i still wear it sometimes (i'm not a tiny 19 year old, i was just a big 12 year old) :p:

ReputationRep:
    Pair of Levi's. Bought them when I was 13, am now 21.

ReputationRep:
    My GCSE dance trousers I've had for four years

ReputationRep:
    A Dakks tweed jacket. It belonged to my granny, then my mum and now me. I love it- it's probably about 25 years old.

I also cut an old (again, Dakks) tweed skirt of my grannys up and made it into a tweed mini skirt and then out of the bit I cut off to make it shorter, made a huge sash to go round it!

My family evidently is into their tweed a little too much!

ReputationRep:
    A t-shirt that my mum bought in Hong Kong before I was born, I wear it as pyjamas. And I have a couple of charity shop things of debatable age - a handmade dress and a scarf.

Edit: and a belt that was part of my mum's school uniform at primary school, so at least 40 years old!

ReputationRep:
    Formula One Race Suit, about 10 years old.

ReputationRep:
    The oldest item belonging to me is an orange shirt I've had since I was 11. Like *tami, I just haven't grown!

As for hand-me-downs, I've got a leopard print scarf and a patent handbag with gold stitching and a gold chain handle - everything does come back into fashion eventually!

ReputationRep:
    some mulberry belts that were my mums, but the oldest of mine is a skirt ive had since i was about 6, i've only just become happy with the way it fits.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.