Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i fancy my ex's mate and he doesnt know it :( watch

I'm in a really frustrating situation
    basically i went to a friends party at xmas time with my boyfriend (who is now my ex)
    it turned out he knew a few people there so we sat and chatted with those most of the night, one of which was a boy from his 6th form who i was sitting next to and therefore spoke to most of the night. He bought me a drink when i was up at the bar and said to me don't tell (my ex) as he would get jelous, which he would have as he was a very jelous person.
    this boy from the party added me on msn a few months ago ( a month after me and my ex broke up) and since then we've spoke nearly every night.
    we dont really flirt, but we make eachother laugh and i really think im falling for him.
    i dont think he feels the same way about me though we never talk about stuff like relationships or how hes my ex's friend, its mostly stuff about hobbies and going out.
    i did try to flirt with him the other night but he really didn't get it
    how do i show him i like him without actually asking him out (im an old fashioned kinda girl) or telling him outright that i fancy him??
    im also worried about my ex's reaction as i dont want to hurt him and i think it might if he finds out i like one of his mates
    help?!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.