Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    He made a comment about my boobs being big, thus my life must be so much easier than his :rolleyes:
    PICS OR GTFO

lol just kidding!

but not really... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    He made a comment about my boobs being big, thus my life must be so much easier than his :rolleyes:
    This is a sure sign that he hasn't gotten any in a very long time.
    If he says something like that again, slap him. seriously.

Oh for God's sake. Combine that with the idea that it's not 'ladylike' for you to disagree with him and you've got a lost cause. I wouldn't worry about it; upsetting relatives is never very nice, but there's such a thing as overwhelming provocation. :yes:

It's just banter, he was having fun, you should know men are like this by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prudy)
    I completley understand the dilemma - alot of my family are latent racists/islamophobes.

How is your Aunt about your taking him to task? I generally find it causes issues to challenge opinions so have developed a method of ignoring it. However it's probably a bit diff in your case as he was talking about your friends and family.... hmm, I suppose if you can get away with it, the next time he says something challenge him on it...arh, it's difficult. Sorry!
    Thanks hun,

my aunt just stands up to him! It's shocking. She is really quite pathetically in love with him, it's sad.

Even when he takes digs at her, she just laughs and agrees. :confused:

I wouldn't tolerate that kind of **** from anyone :p:

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm a tree-hugging feminist, but that's how I roll.

I did challenge him, that's why he got offended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yer let's just forget the age gap and oh yer they're RELATED lol ew :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks hun,

my aunt just stands up to him! It's shocking. She is really quite pathetically in love with him, it's sad.

Even when he takes digs at her, she just laughs and agrees. :confused:

I wouldn't tolerate that kind of **** from anyone :p:

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm a tree-hugging feminist, but that's how I roll.

I did challenge him, that's why he got offended.
    Hes obviously not used to it and could use being taken down a peg.

ReputationRep:
    No, my boyfriend, best male friend, and my dad are not like this at all.

I'm almost 26, and through experience don't like to generalise and LUMP all men in one mould.

(Original post by ronaldo91)
    yer let's just forget the age gap and oh yer they're RELATED lol ew :rolleyes:
    According to the OP he is not blood related and he wasn't making a comment saying he desired her, he just pointed out big boobs, meaning they can get through life easier than men by just her gender.

ReputationRep:
    Keep away from him

Spoiler:
    Show
    By going back to the kitchen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Kav-)
    Oh for God's sake. Combine that with the idea that it's not 'ladylike' for you to disagree with him and you've got a lost cause. I wouldn't worry about it; upsetting relatives is never very nice, but there's such a thing as overwhelming provocation. :yes:
    Thanks hun,

I hardly EVER snap back at people!

I'm usually a very calm, relaxed person (except EXAM time! Lol), but I have my limits on what I can and can't stand.

No, my boyfriend, best male friend, and my dad are not like this at all.

I'm almost 26, and through experience don't like to generalise and LUMP all men in one mould.
    Ok I was generalising but it is true quite a lot of men are naturally like this and they think chauvinism attracts females, shows dominance.

ReputationRep:
    he just pointed out big boobs, meaning they can get through life easier than men by just her gender.
    Ha, and this is NOT true!

I work just as hard as anyone else.

If not harder, because I am female and according to sources we still don't get paid as much but that's another story, and not to do with this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I was generalising but it is true quite a lot of men are naturally like this and they think chauvinism attracts females, shows dominance.
    Racism is not sexy to me in ANY shape, or form.

I have been known to remove people from my Facebook list of friends who express these traits.

Ruthless I know but meh, I'm richer for it. I have quality friends, which is better than having zillions of randoms as aquaintances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgecopter)
    Keep away from him

Spoiler:
    Show
    By going back to the kitchen
    Nah, because I would have to be barefoot and pregnant FIRST!

Racism is not sexy to me in ANY shape, or form.

I have been known to remove people from my Facebook list of friends who express these traits.

Ruthless I know but meh, I'm richer for it. I have quality friends, which is better than having zillions of randoms as aquaintances.
    I deffo agree with the racism part.

Yet why do you have facebook if you don't like to show off you have zillions of friends and is just happy with quality firends? Facebook is for social networking so it defeats the point of it, and to keep in touch you have msn. You're blatanly insecure about your amount of 'quality friends.'

Insult his penis size / call him an old fart / insult his age / suggest he's senile / ask him if he can still count / ask him if he can still get it up / wonder aloud if he looks older than he is / etc.

ReputationRep:
    I deffo agree with the racism part.

Yet why do you have facebook if you don't like to show off you have zillions of friends and is just happy with quality firends? Facebook is for social networking so it defeats the point of it, and to keep in touch you have msn. You're blatanly insecure about your amount of 'quality friends.'
    Thanks.

Well I have Facebook, because I moved interstate this year and I like to keep in touch with my friends back in Canberra where I used to live.

Apart from that I wouldn't need it.

ReputationRep:
    You're blatanly insecure about your amount of 'quality friends.'
    Not really, I just don't have many friends...

Ok to be honest I'm quite pissed off at this so-called ***** of an ex-friend of mine back in Canberra who has betrayed me and spread my secrets I told her in confidence to my old uni friends.

So kind of cut about that atm too :p: I removed her off Facebook as well. I don't have many friends atm... :ninja:

I'm not insecure though! I think I am awesome, and that 'friend' - it's HER loss because she is a cow, and she is missing out on a great friendship as I was always loyal to her, and she was certainly very quick to go behind MY back and tell my secrets the moment I moved interstate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Insult his penis size / call him an old fart / insult his age / suggest he's senile / ask him if he can still count / ask him if he can still get it up / wonder aloud if he looks older than he is / etc.
    I already used a couple of those.

But the comment that hurt me was that I wouldn't be miss popularity, thinking that I would CARE!

When he should have known I could not give a **** about that kind of ****.

Loser.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.