Turn on thread page Beta

Chauvanist uncle watch

(Original post by danni_bella)
    I already used a couple of those.

But the comment that hurt me was that I wouldn't be miss popularity, thinking that I would CARE!

When he should have known I could not give a **** about that kind of ****.

Loser.
    The fact that you're annoyed about it suggests that you did care, even if it was about caring itself.

So he thinks you're a weakling. Prove him wrong. Rise to his challenge and above. Make him regret ever talking down to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    The fact that you're annoyed about it suggests that you did care, even if it was about caring itself.

So he thinks you're a weakling. Prove him wrong. Rise to his challenge and above. Make him regret ever talking down to you.
    Yes I'm annoyed. I'm annoyed because he thinks I actually care about what people think.

The truth is, unless they are close to me I do not.

I don't CARE about being popular, or wanting to be popular because in all honesty, I never have been - so what is the point of being 'nice' to people. :rolleyes: (unless it's for work I do not see the point, and even at work I hardly ever make 'friends' or add them to my facebook, I'll be civil to them at work and THATS IT!).

That's what annoys me. I doubt he thinks I'm a weakling NOW because I stood up to him, I actually said: 'and you actually think I give a flying **** about the next person and what they think of me? Guess what, I don't, and that includes you' or something along those lines.

How do you suggest I rise to his challenge and above?

Yes I'm annoyed, because he thinks I actually care about what people think.

That's what annoys me. I doubt he thinks I'm a weakling NOW because I stood up to him, I actually said: 'and you actually think I give a flying **** about the next person? Guess what, I don't, and that includes you' or something along those lines.

Bully him for months?

Send him random mail with insults?

Tarnish his car with less than hygeinic substances?

Or, always initiate the insulting. Instead of letting HIM insult YOU, start insulting him as soon as you see him?

I don't know, the options are endless :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Argh. Just got back from an interstate visit to see the rels - I did it out of loyalty etc and because I love my aunt.

Anyway - her husband is quite challenging to deal with. I take it as it comes, because I'm there to see my other family and I'm still gonna send them a nice big box of Haighs chocolates (we do them better here in Adelaide if you ever make it to Oz just so you know), but I'm still a bit angry about the things he said at dinner a few nights ago.

I'm back home, but he said some pretty sexist and racist things about MY friends and family and I didn't say much at the time, but I'm fuming :mad:

I called him something offensive back and he was surprised I 'had it in me' because I'm usually so sweet, calm and thoughtful.

I should have handled the situation better, because even tho it's known he's a chauvanist, I'm meant to be this educated and intelligent lady and wasn't acting in in my anger about what he said to me.

Any thoughts?

Sorry about this thread it's a bit lame hey.
    Use it to practice tolerance?

Whatever happens, I wouldn't suggest TSR as your first port of call.

ReputationRep:
    Bully him for months?

Send him random mail with insults?

Tarnish his car with less than hygeinic substances?

Or, always initiate the insulting. Instead of letting HIM insult YOU, start insulting him as soon as you see him?

I don't know, the options are endless :woo:
    I promised to send the family a big box of chocolates.

I won't now.

I'll send a tiny, small box to my aunt instead hehe.

I promised to send the family a big box of chocolates.

I won't now.

I'll send a tiny, small box to my aunt instead hehe.
    Why don't you send the big box of chocolates to your aunt? :p:

ANd send some outdated melted salted chocolate to your uncle :p:

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you send the big box of chocolates to your aunt? :p:

ANd send some outdated melted salted chocolate to your uncle :p:
    Nah, my aunt would be unhappy then.

She always stands up for him, no backbone

Nah, my aunt would be unhappy then.

She always stands up for him, no backbone
    Lol, to be honest, do you have to interact with them at all? It'd probably be easy if you just stayed away, and told your aunt why.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, to be honest, do you have to interact with them at all? It'd probably be easy if you just stayed away, and told your aunt why.
    Oh trust me!

Despite my aunts efforts to get me back in Sep, it's not happening!

I'm not gonna see them proabably for at least another year. I've told my cousins this and they KNOW. I will send GRACE only a small box of chocolates and THAT is it.

Oh trust me!

Despite my aunts efforts to get me back in Sep, it's not happening!

I'm not gonna see them proabably for at least another year. I've told my cousins this and they KNOW. I will send GRACE only a small box of chocolates and THAT is it.
    Alright, well, glad i could help, whatever little help i gave

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm annoyed. I'm annoyed because he thinks I actually care about what people think.

I don't CARE about being popular, or wanting to be popular because in all honesty, I never have been - so what is the point of being 'nice' to people. :rolleyes: (unless it's for work I do not see the point, and even at work I hardly ever make 'friends' or add them to my facebook, I'll be civil to them at work and THATS IT!).

That's what annoys me. I doubt he thinks I'm a weakling NOW because I stood up to him, I actually said: 'and you actually think I give a flying **** about the next person and what they think of me? Guess what, I don't, and that includes you' or something along those lines.

DEBAG HIM

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.