Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

determind to figure out how to do makeup, plz help Watch

ReputationRep:
    i never used to care about making an effort with clothes hair or makeup because i didnt think it would make me look any different. though when i look back on photos and i have really nerdy glasses on and mousy hair , i definatley think blonding my hair has helped abit and getting contacts definatley has. i wore really crap clothes aswell, i still do but im bit more fashionble, i still like the comfy clothes but i try and get nicer ones.

however, im stuck with makeup, i cant get eyeliner on the top lid properly, and really want to wear it. i also can only put it on the lower lid if i put it on the lash-line wet bit, and then it just comes off and gives me panda eyes. i dont like colour, i have bright blue eyes so kinda like brown, i dont like using different colours, i just wanna get nice eyes. ive looked on youtube but still find it difficult and most of the vids on their are for like extreme eyes or like loads of colour blending, when i just want simple day-time look using eyeliner

ReputationRep:
    I used to have the same probably when applying eyeliner on the upper eye lid a few years ago! It comes with practice.
    Get yourself a eyeliner pencil - something like Kohl. Draft that onto your upper eye lid. Have make up wipes at the ready! Then when you become more confident go over the top of the pencil eyeliner with liquid eye liner.

Don't make the line too thick on the upper eye lid, it will tend to smudge!

ReputationRep:
    get yourself a decent mascara, makes a lot of difference. i only use liner on the bottom as i cant usually be bothered to take time to do it well, mine stays on for quite a while though.

ReputationRep:
    with eyeliner on the top lid its basically just practice
    do you mean liquid or pencil eyeliner?
    try resting your hand on your cheek as your doing it rather than doing it from a wierd upwards angle if you get what i mean?
    also, you could use those things you clean your ears with (i forget what they're called). wet them slightly and run them on the top of the eyeliner if its a bit shaky when youve put the eyeliner on to make it a bit neater
    hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, it's practice, practice and more practice. Try stretching your eyelid out to the side (away from your nose) with your other hand, and then using the eyeliner to draw one continuous line without going too slowly. It will come .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    Don't bother, make up is embarresing, only guys looking for a one night stand open thier eyes to girls in make up.
    you probably don't notice a lot of the time when girls are wearing make up. #
    I'd hardly say it's embarrassing for the OP to want to wear a bit of eye-liner.

ReputationRep:
    oh, and OP. try going into debenhams or something and ask the make up ladies to show you how to apply the stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother, make up is embarresing, only guys looking for a one night stand open thier eyes to girls in make up.

dont listen to him!! most guys can't actually tell when a girl is wearing makeup - eg they think its just clear skin when in fact you're wearing a sheer foundation, they think you have long eyelashes but actually you're wearing mascara.

only guys looking for a one night stand open their eyes to girls wearing LOTS of make up.

ReputationRep:
    OK make up isnt that bad, but when girls start changing the colour of thier cheeks, when foundation looks like dried paint, when eye lids are different colour to thier skin, lipstick, when they basically look un-natural, then it becomes off putting.
    Riiiight.

Anyway, I don't wear makeup to attract attention from blokes so whether some think it looks daft or not doesn't really matter...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oI0Bwai83k

very good video

ReputationRep:
    Riiiiiiiiiight
    :sad: Damn. You used way more i's than me.

ReputationRep:
    Best thing to do is to go on youtube. Theres loads of girls (and guys) out there who post great videos and just watching them helps to learn, its how i learned how to do makeup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whats it to you?)
    with eyeliner on the top lid its basically just practice
    do you mean liquid or pencil eyeliner?
    try resting your hand on your cheek as your doing it rather than doing it from a wierd upwards angle if you get what i mean?
    also, you could use those things you clean your ears with (i forget what they're called). wet them slightly and run them on the top of the eyeliner if its a bit shaky when youve put the eyeliner on to make it a bit neater
    hope that helps
    Cotton buds?

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a ridiculous ****. And you're ugly.

ReputationRep:
    yesss, as aforementioned above, discover the youtube makeup community. just search tutorials for any look you like

ReputationRep:
    What the ****? You obviously cant tell when a girl is wearing make-up then unless is glaringly obvious. ALOT wear it, I dont know anyone who doesnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h-star)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oI0Bwai83k

very good video

aah beat me to it. This is a great vid op, and there is no way you can learn over night how to apply make up, it will take practise and that is all, just keep trying over and over again, you'll soon get the hang of it. Good luck :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    You sound like a ridiculous ****. And you're ugly.
    Now it's you that sounds like a ****. Well done! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Now it's you that sounds like a ****. Well done! :yy:
    Do you think I care =/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    Do you think I care =/.
    That matters not.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.