Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.freshersfest.com

...SO, thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    is this just freshers week tickets?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess so, for events and stuff and the ball. And then you can add Calvin Harris or Ndubz tickets within the first couple of weeks too which work out at a tenner each. ee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsie)
    Yeah I guess so, for events and stuff and the ball. And then you can add Calvin Harris or Ndubz tickets within the first couple of weeks too which work out at a tenner each. ee
    so it actually is the freshers week pass and not an extra add on? and how does ordering them atm even work as none of use have results (unless of course you have an unconditional like yourself :p:) so we don't even know if we'll end up there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    so it actually is the freshers week pass and not an extra add on? and how does ordering them atm even work as none of use have results (unless of course you have an unconditional like yourself :p:) so we don't even know if we'll end up there
    Yeah I spose, but I guess it's good to get people interested and looking forward to it early. And obv there'll be tonnes of tickets left. It's just interesting to know what's happening. Calvin Harris is a mint shout tho (Y):woo:

ReputationRep:
    It confuses me, does the gold, silver etc. add events such as calvin harris that arent part of the freshers week? Or are they?

Just if i do end up there i wouldn't know which pack to buy, id hate to get there and find the people i made friends with didn't have the same pack as me- or is there always someone that does?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexa123)
    It confuses me, does the gold, silver etc. add events such as calvin harris that arent part of the freshers week? Or are they?

Just if i do end up there i wouldn't know which pack to buy, id hate to get there and find the people i made friends with didn't have the same pack as me- or is there always someone that does?!!
    Well you can choose either the freshers week events or freshers ball separately, or you can buy them together for the bronze, add Calvin Harris for the silver (which I just bought, like a right eager beaver :cool:) then gold adds Ndubz. Calvin Harris is at the end of the second week (ie the first week of actual term) and then Ndubz is the week after I think. If you like the music though I'd just go for it; tickets to see these people are normally more expensive than the £10 each they work out at, and all the other people that go are going to like them too, so hopefully we'll just meet more people with common tastes. I am a bit scared that no one I meet will be going to these events, but obbbviously they will be and I'm just being nervy about it. Spose the best thing is just to do what you want, and then you'll meet other people that like the same

...What are you going to study if all goes well?

ReputationRep:
    Bum just read your sig. Where have you applied for accom? Think your exams went well?

ReputationRep:
    Bum just read your sig. Where have you applied for accom? Think your exams went well?
    I'm a little worried about the exams, as i know i didnt work as hard as i could of, so im really not sure what my results will be.

As for accommodation, i actually cant remember all, deffo mason, probs tennis courts and shack i think!

ReputationRep:
    cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my place has been confirmed im a-coming wooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rrules)
    cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my place has been confirmed im a-coming wooooo
    Your prof says you're going to/at Aston :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Your prof says you're going to/at Aston :confused:

lol, i was at aston for 2 years but didn't like it, so am moving to bham, need to update my profile lolz

ReputationRep:
    But obv if you know you'd like to see them then it's worth it? Buy now and you don't have to worry about MORE to pay out in freshers I feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rrules)
    lol, i was at aston for 2 years but didn't like it, so am moving to bham, need to update my profile lolz
    why didn't you like aston?

ReputationRep:
    I have a question - do u NEED to buy the tickets in advance or is it alright to buy it once u arrive at the university? It's gonna be so much fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christie-k)
    I have a question - do u NEED to buy the tickets in advance or is it alright to buy it once u arrive at the university? It's gonna be so much fun!
    I'm not SURE but from what I heard last year it was really the best idea to buy before, especially for the ball. People were disappointed. There's no panic until results though really. And OMG yes I know. What will you be studying? Are you unconditional or waiting for results?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not SURE but from what I heard last year it was really the best idea to buy before, especially for the ball. People were disappointed. There's no panic until results though really. And OMG yes I know. What will you be studying? Are you unconditional or waiting for results?
    actually, i am already officially accepted as i am an international student and I 've gotten my exam results aready... and I am gonna be studying international relations with french... how about you?

are there any pictures to view for the last freshers ball?
    i dont really know if i want to attend it, especially when i dont know anyone yet.

if we didnt buy the freshers fest tickets, are there any other activities for us? or we have to sulk alone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christie-k)
    actually, i am already officially accepted as i am an international student and I 've gotten my exam results aready... and I am gonna be studying international relations with french... how about you?
    OH that's good then I'm going law with french, so maybe some of our "with french" will be the same? I don't really know though. What accommodation have you applied for? I'm sooo looking forward to going. I've been living in Paris for a year and I miss being home soo much now, but I leave next Saturday. It's still a bit sad but I'm just realllly excited about moving on and meeting people. Is it a big thing for you to come to England or do you know it well already/are you used to travelling and being away?

ReputationRep:
    OH that's good then I'm going law with french, so maybe some of our "with french" will be the same? I don't really know though. What accommodation have you applied for? I'm sooo looking forward to going. I've been living in Paris for a year and I miss being home soo much now, but I leave next Saturday. It's still a bit sad but I'm just realllly excited about moving on and meeting people. Is it a big thing for you to come to England or do you know it well already/are you used to travelling and being away?
    Wow, have u lived in Paris for a year? Your french must be really good...I hope everyone is not as good as u in french:/...anyway, I LOVE Paris, I'm so jealous of u going there
    Well, I have been to England many times but I'm not really used to living alone abroad...I suppose it's gonna be difficult at first but I hope I'll like it and meet many friends...maybe we will become friends, who knows ) So, as I said, I'm little scared but really excited about the whole experience...
    As for accommodation, I've put Elgar then Mason and then Shackleton...how about u? I hope I'll find out soon about where they're gonna put me.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.