Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is this colouring really that bad? I have mousy hair and have never coloured it but people always seem to think it is such a boring colour - Would it be better to dye it? I just don't know whether I would suit going darker or lighter or even if I would end up regretting it.

ReputationRep:
    Dying is an issue if you want healthy hair - But have you ever thought of buying a shampoo for brown hair to make your colour appear more shiny and nice? I don't think the colour is THAT boring unless you compare it to blue and green.

ReputationRep:
    Style it!

ReputationRep:
    I do style it and it has quite a natural wave anyway but it just seems everyones opinion of it is that the colour is dead boring and dull, pretty much awful!

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the rest of your colouring. My hair is naturally dark blonde/mousy but I'm pale and it just makes me look washed out so I prefer to highlight it lighter blonde to give it a bit of oopmh. I say only dye it if your skin tone etc makes it look as if it could be your natural colour.

Some people look alright with mousy hair, but it's just a bit of a non-colour really.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also dark blonde/light brown, and I've both lightened and darkened my hair in the past. It depends how much maintenance you can put up with.
    I've been dying mine dark for 3 years now but I have to colour my eyebrows and use fake tan to keep up with it. Likewise when I went blonde, I could stick to my natural brows and complexion, but spent a lot getting my roots done every now and then, and it fried my hair in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to dye it permanently!
    What about a shade of red? Or a deeper brown?
    If you're happy with it, then don't do anything, as for myself, I love to change it, both length and a bit of coloring Usually I only get a different shade, just a tiny touch of a different color.

Whitepearlbaby always gives great advice! :jumphug:
    Those shampoos are great, you should try them OP!

ReputationRep:
    Style your hair or whatever but keep the colour, it's nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggsx)
    Is this colouring really that bad? I have mousy hair and have never coloured it but people always seem to think it is such a boring colour - Would it be better to dye it? I just don't know whether I would suit going darker or lighter or even if I would end up regretting it.
    Stop worrying. Changing your hair colour isn't going to help anything, it's just a quick fix. Inevitably it'll be a lot of hassle for very little gain.

And who cares what other people think. Be confident in yourself; nobody will care about your hair then.

ReputationRep:
    Who said mousey hair was bad? I think it's nice - really natural. I have light brown hair and the only dye I've used in it is getting it back to my original colour after highlights that I hated, back when I was like thirteen.

Dye it if you want to, but don't feel you have to because it's "boring". Have you seen Baz Luhrmann' s Romeo and Juliet? Claire Danes has this really nice mousey colour.

ReputationRep:
    I hate mousy hair :nn:. Mine is naturally that colour and it's ick and boring.
    Have been dying my hair since the age of 13 to get rid of it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Natalia Vodianova is my favorite model alive, she has a mousy colouring has never dyed it and it still looks gorgeous!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.