Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is this colouring really that bad? I have mousy hair and have never coloured it but people always seem to think it is such a boring colour - Would it be better to dye it? I just don't know whether I would suit going darker or lighter or even if I would end up regretting it.

ReputationRep:
    Dying is an issue if you want healthy hair - But have you ever thought of buying a shampoo for brown hair to make your colour appear more shiny and nice? I don't think the colour is THAT boring unless you compare it to blue and green.

ReputationRep:
    Style it!

ReputationRep:
    I do style it and it has quite a natural wave anyway but it just seems everyones opinion of it is that the colour is dead boring and dull, pretty much awful!

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the rest of your colouring. My hair is naturally dark blonde/mousy but I'm pale and it just makes me look washed out so I prefer to highlight it lighter blonde to give it a bit of oopmh. I say only dye it if your skin tone etc makes it look as if it could be your natural colour.

Some people look alright with mousy hair, but it's just a bit of a non-colour really.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also dark blonde/light brown, and I've both lightened and darkened my hair in the past. It depends how much maintenance you can put up with.
    I've been dying mine dark for 3 years now but I have to colour my eyebrows and use fake tan to keep up with it. Likewise when I went blonde, I could stick to my natural brows and complexion, but spent a lot getting my roots done every now and then, and it fried my hair in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to dye it permanently!
    What about a shade of red? Or a deeper brown?
    If you're happy with it, then don't do anything, as for myself, I love to change it, both length and a bit of coloring Usually I only get a different shade, just a tiny touch of a different color.

Whitepearlbaby always gives great advice! :jumphug:
    Those shampoos are great, you should try them OP!

ReputationRep:
    Style your hair or whatever but keep the colour, it's nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggsx)
    Is this colouring really that bad? I have mousy hair and have never coloured it but people always seem to think it is such a boring colour - Would it be better to dye it? I just don't know whether I would suit going darker or lighter or even if I would end up regretting it.
    Stop worrying. Changing your hair colour isn't going to help anything, it's just a quick fix. Inevitably it'll be a lot of hassle for very little gain.

And who cares what other people think. Be confident in yourself; nobody will care about your hair then.

ReputationRep:
    Who said mousey hair was bad? I think it's nice - really natural. I have light brown hair and the only dye I've used in it is getting it back to my original colour after highlights that I hated, back when I was like thirteen.

Dye it if you want to, but don't feel you have to because it's "boring". Have you seen Baz Luhrmann' s Romeo and Juliet? Claire Danes has this really nice mousey colour.

ReputationRep:
    I hate mousy hair :nn:. Mine is naturally that colour and it's ick and boring.
    Have been dying my hair since the age of 13 to get rid of it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Natalia Vodianova is my favorite model alive, she has a mousy colouring has never dyed it and it still looks gorgeous!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.