Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failed123)
    Once a cheater, always a cheater. The label sticks, even if you have 'changed'.

No. That's narrow minded.

With my previous boyfriend, who I met at 15.. our relationship (second time round when I was 17) broke down rapidly after a year. Neither of us treated one another properly and it bowed down to the fact we'd both lost respect for one another, and were dragging one another down.
    I ended up kissing someone i went to school with, and not only did the guilt tear me apart but it made me re-evaluate the entire relationship and realise that neither of us were happy. I came clean, and we both moved on our separate ways.

This time round, my boyfriend's in the US, and because of the lessons I have learnt before, I would never behave in that way ever again because I know the destruction it can cause.

That's not to say that some individuals don't become notoriously unfaithful..but the cap doesn't always fit.

ive never cheated. it pretty much destroyed my parent's marriage so i dont think i ever could.

ReputationRep:
    when I was thirteen.
    I've kind of...grown up...since then.
    imho, it is a childish thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    I used to cheat and treat women badly, until one of two things happened.

1. I grew up

2. One of my Ex's tried to run me down with the car.

Now i like to consider myself a decent guy :-)
    Hi, I'm your new stalker! :hump:

ReputationRep:
    I cheated on a past boyfriend, the relationship wasn't great and I knew it was going to end. I've been with my current boyfriend for two and a half years, and would never cheat on him. In past relationships I'd been tempted, but I want to spend the rest of my life with my boyfriend, and love him so much that I'm simply not interested in anyone else. Of course I can tell when people are attractive, but there's no appeal.

I think, for most people at least, it boils down to finding the right person.

ReputationRep:
    I think the closest i've ever been to cheating was having a male friend during my previous relationship who my (then) boyfriend didn't know about. I didn't keep my friend a secret because anything was going on, but because I wasn't allowed male friends at all. When the boyfriend did find out, he carried on as though i was the most deceitful, disgraceful trollop going.. How I'm glad to be rid of that wierdo..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    Hi, I'm your new stalker! :hump:
    Love you too :love:

ReputationRep:
    Well basically, the only reason I would is if I settled for someone I really wasn't into - which I'll basically never do - so I won't cheat....

If I really am into the person I'm dating, why would I want to cheat?

Very recently i've been the person who has been used to cheat on someone. So i dont know if i count as a cheater, but it wasnt planned at all and i feel really awful about it.

ReputationRep:
    Scorpion, frog. DAFS.

ReputationRep:
    I really can't believe how many girls cheat or have cheated on their boyfriends..

ReputationRep:
    I cheated on my ex when i was with him, and never told him for the whole of our 2 year relationship :rolleyes:

Simon, if ur reading this - im not sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Well basically, the only reason I would is if I settled for someone I really wasn't into - which I'll basically never do - so I won't cheat....

If I really am into the person I'm dating, why would I want to cheat?
    This. I've never cheated, nor do I go into relationships with anyone I'm less than 100% sure I want to be with.

I've cheated on some of my boyfriends before, but I think that was more to do with a repressed teenage life and not having that taste of freedom before, of being chatted up and that feeling of adrenaline of knowing someone was into you was as bit of a drug for me. Now that high was come down and I'm with someone I really care about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've cheated on some of my boyfriends before, but I think that was more to do with a repressed teenage life and not having that taste of freedom before, of being chatted up and that feeling of adrenaline of knowing someone was into you was as bit of a drug for me. Now that high was come down and I'm with someone I really care about

just excuses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flight409)
    I really can't believe how many girls cheat or have cheated on their boyfriends..
    The girls who respond to a thread named "Calling all cheaters" are likely to be a biased sampled, in all fairness

ReputationRep:
    I been cheated on. Nasty! Horrible! thing to do. Hurts so much, especially after 5 years.

I can, sort of, understand how a cheater thinks. We all get tempting offers, it's easy to take them up. But, those that don't cheat when they get offers are respectable, honest, dependable, trust worthy people. Their mindsets are strong, they know right from wrong, they know how to respect girls and other people.

The strong person is the one that can say "You might be more attractive, and fancy me bad, but I'm in a happy relationship and have no intention of jeopardizing that. Thanks, but no thanks.".

I've had chances, but never took them up. So maybe you should be asking "Can the disrespectful ever have respect?". I don't know, but I know that physiologically the cheaters are flawed from things they learnt early on in life. So they have to unlearn that before they learn how to gain respect for their partners.

If you are not happy. Leave the one you are with. If you are happy - respect them.

(Original post by flight409)
    just excuses.
    Well, that was my excuse lol, it's not as though I condoned it. Not all were found out but I still felt guilty. I had to let them go because it was only right. I didn't smirk about it or laugh about it with my friends or anything. Sorry to spoil your fantasy or something!

ReputationRep:
    When it's right, it's right.

When it's wrong, it's oh so right.

ReputationRep:
    If someone has to work for something, but then they give it up and the role becomes yours, so you didn't need to work for it, is that cheating?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.