The Student Room Group
Yeeah, don't go to agencies they always take a cut after every lesson.

Go to www.firsttutors.co.uk that's who I did it with, you just put up your details on there and people will come to you.. then when someone is interested etc and you both agree you just pay a small fee (usually around £5) and that's it.. all the other money is yours instead of giving a cut to an agency each time you have a lesson.

Good luck!!
Reply 2
princessnavi22
Yeeah, don't go to agencies they always take a cut after every lesson.

Go to www.firsttutors.co.uk that's who I did it with, you just put up your details on there and people will come to you.. then when someone is interested etc and you both agree you just pay a small fee (usually around £5) and that's it.. all the other money is yours instead of giving a cut to an agency each time you have a lesson.

Good luck!!

Okay thank you - the website looks promising!
I however have NO teaching experience, do you know of anyway i can get around this issue?
ac132
Okay thank you - the website looks promising!
I however have NO teaching experience, do you know of anyway i can get around this issue?

Don't worry about it, after your first lesson you will be fine.

It honestly depends on what you're teaching and at what age..

I mean GCSE and A levels are VERY straight forward. Just find out who they are taking their exam with, and go on the exam board website and print off the specification.. then you just need to teach them things based around the specification and go over a lot of past papers with them (you can get these from the exam board website too) as most teachers don't really have time to teach the students HOW to write for the exams, this is one of the most important things you can teach them.

For the younger ones, I found I was just teaching them how to read and write etc which is very very straightforward.. you just need to keep the lessons more varied for the younger ones.

ALWAYS plan ahead.. and always prepare more work than you might need.. it saves in the long run and also your student may be better than you anticipated.

Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 4
I recently came across some tutoring vacancies for Vuition whilst looking for work on Job Online.. not too sure of the details but could be worth checking out... i think this is the link to the job post I found - http://bit.ly/17DOw1 Hope it helps!?

Latest

Trending

Trending