Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do we always act suspicious whenever we see a Police Officer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you but whenever I walk past some police officer I always act like I've done something wrong even though I haven't. I feel shaky lol.

Do you guys feel like this aswell? Is it because you know they're higher authority?

ReputationRep:
    same here
    im just really suspicious of police like there up to something :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claphamski)
    same here
    im just really suspicious of police like there up to something :fuhrer:
    they're*

and why support the lib dems?

ReputationRep:
    I get nervous around police too, but have no idea why. This is when they're walking or driving past me though; when I walk past the station I don't get the same nervousness.

ReputationRep:
    I don't shake or anything but if I see one following me in shop window reflections etc I just turn around and stare at them till they pass me.

Probably doesn't do me much good in the suspicion stakes.

I do know that feeling...

Then, once they've walked past, you feel relieved, for no apparant reason...:ninja: Odd.

ReputationRep:
    lol so true.

ReputationRep:
    I always grab my mate and scream "I've got him for you!"

No wonder he hates me

ReputationRep:
    I don't.

Though when I was out with one of my friends we had to cross an estate to get to one of my other friend's house, and the police came running up to us, so my friend was like "oh ****!" and ran off, so they chased her. Turns out they had been called out because a group of people our age had thrown something through a window, and seen her running away from her and so thought she was someone who had done it :rofl2:. She actually hadn't done anything wrong, she just panicked :pinch:

edit: actually, thinking about it, I get quite nervous when I'm driving and they pass me . Even though I'm with my driving instructor and so she'd tell me if I was doing something wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claphamski)
    same here
    im just really suspicious of police like they're up to something :fuhrer:
    (that was the grammar police sorry)
    they are (the ordinary police that is)
    i almost want to get myself arrested and charged for this in the hope of highlighting it

ReputationRep:
    I don't, I nod my head and give them an "Awrite" if they're lucky

EDIT: Ah mean, F.T.Polis, ACAB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    I don't.

Though when I was out with one of my friends we had to cross an estate to get to one of my other friend's house, and the police came running up to us, so my friend was like "oh ****!" and ran off, so they chased her. Turns out they had been called out because a group of people our age had thrown something through a window, and seen her running away from her and so thought she was someone who had done it :rofl2:. She actually hadn't done anything wrong, she just panicked :pinch:

edit: actually, thinking about it, I get quite nervous when I'm driving and they pass me . Even though I'm with my driving instructor and so she'd tell me if I was doing something wrong.
    Yeah ahahah, I get nervous the most when i'm driving past a police officer even though I have insurance, tax disc and the car is not stolen etc lol.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Whenever I see a policeman I have to do a quick check that I'm not doing anything illegal...even though I know I'm not .
    I always put an innocent look on as well, which probably just makes me look ridiculous, and guilty of something!

On placement once I was giving two policemen information about something and got really nervous and started talking really fast, I'm sure they must have thought I was up to something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben77mc)
    they're*

and why support the lib dems?

my bad grammar nazi

why not THEY'RE at the forefront of significant reforms i.e. recall of MPs. They're pro-europe and i'm not sure about you but i quite like my civil liberties!

ReputationRep:
    I don't necessarily act suspicious - I get suspicious of them and their lack of knowledge of the law and general rules of politeness and how to conduct themselves in society and....

ReputationRep:
    They might smell the stash... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same way.

I even get a bit edgy when walking past those community support officers on bicycles...

ReputationRep:
    I feel really safe when I see them. I love the police.

I have a mental check to make sure I'm not doing anything illegal. Feeling particularly frivolous and mischievous: I'll stick my index and middle finger inside my shirt, a la Mr. Bean in an American airport, to give the impression of concealing a gun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    I feel really safe when I see them. I love the police.
    Guess you've never met a policeman with a chip on his shoulder, alot of the police in Brighton are horrible, break the law and not much you can do about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.