Turn on thread page Beta

Any experiences in a relationship with culture clashes, dating outside race (Indians) watch

All in the title.

ReputationRep:
    No, I've never had a relationship :ninja:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    All in the title.
    Chase them around the ranch on a horse in a cowboy hat...

Apparently they love it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    No, I've never had a relationship :ninja: Not really anyway.
    I could fix that :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Too much of a culture clash in the long term...if you're only looking for a quick shag, then it's ideal!
    the parents wouldn't approve tho...

im yet to meet my girlfriends parents...would it be rude to ask "will they approve?" ?

ReputationRep:
    In-laws very rarely approve. Let alone if you are from a different world.

ReputationRep:
    In a relationship with an indian girl, no problems at all, her parents seem accepting of me (far more than the white parents of one of my previous gf's). Honestly people overplay culture clash so much especially with people of a different ethnic origin born in the same country.

ReputationRep:
    Me and her clashed, nevermind me and her parents I'd advise against it tbh. but everyone and every families different so if you both really like each other go for it and have fun

ReputationRep:
    HAHA clash in what way? The actual guy/girl I dont think so.

PARENTS = no no no and no.

Big no no, they would kick me out the door

ReputationRep:
    im yet to meet my girlfriends parents...would it be rude to ask "will they approve?" ?
    You might never meet them

ReputationRep:
    im white and my boyfriend is tai and to be honest i see absolutely no difference between myself and him. i dont really think it matters as long as you are happy

ReputationRep:
    the only major difference is the closeness of our families.
    his family is not close and they live far apart, i.e his uncles don't live in our town and he doesn't like his dad, whereas I am very close to my family and we all live within a mile of each other.

ReputationRep:
    Well I am mixed race, being half black and half white. My boyfriend of 4 years! Is Indian, Sikh. My parents love him and are not fussed in anyway what god dam colour he is. His parents....don't yet know about us. But I respect why this is and am totally understanding as it is his decision not to tell. At the end of the day, we have so much in common and we have too much fun. It doesnt matter what colour.religeon.culture blah blah u are, if you get along then fine! His parents or anyone else for that matter are not going to split us up. This is England, a free country, a mixed national country and anyone can be with anyone they choose if they are both happy.

I love my boyfriend, I am Christian and he is Sikh. I am half caste and he is Indian. So ******* what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossManSingh)
    I could fix that :eek:
    I'll pass on the offer, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    http://mercysbrown.files.wordpress.c...3/turtles1.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I'm black and my girlfriend is Indian. Obviously between us there is no culture clash whatsoever as we are both born and bred in London and have the same culture due to that so there is no real culture clash as if we were fresh from our respective nations lol. The only thin is that her parents don't know yet but I think in time it won't matter as much as they are her parents are not 'stereotypically indian' if I can say that when it comes to dating and things like that and they'll have to come round to it. Her family doesn't get along with most of their other relatives so the whole 'what will they think' doesn''t really apply.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm Nigerian but my girlfriend is Korean. Love ya Sara :blush:

(Original post by T.G.O.A.T)
    I'm black and my girlfriend is Indian. Obviously between us there is no culture clash whatsoever as we are both born and bred in London and have the same culture due to that so there is no real culture clash as if we were fresh from our respective nations lol. The only thin is that her parents don't know yet
    I'm blaaack (but not Styles P). My gf is Turk-Cypriot and her dad's side of the fam is mega racist. It would end in some sort of bloodshed if he was to find out that she's going out with not only a non-muslim, but a non-caucasian, non-muslim.

Pffft..

ReputationRep:
    I'm blaaack (but not Styles P). My gf is Turk-Cypriot and her dad's side of the fam is mega racist. It would end in some sort of bloodshed if he was to find out that she's going out with not only a non-muslim, but a non-caucasian, non-muslim.

Pffft..
    I kinda understand what you mean but in this day and age, especially living in a big city or town in the UK interracial relationships are so much more likely to happen so I guess in time they are gonna just have to deal with it :o:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.