Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

Basically, there's this former uni housemate of mine (we've now both left) who i thk began to like me, and my feelings for her became strong again...i backed off once I knew she has a boyfriend who was long term.

Anyway this girl began to want to dance with me loads, and we became close as we had the same classes, and we went on hols with other housemates, but basically some of the time was spent with just the two of us on our own.

Anyway, as i've said she has a bf and her birthday was coming up, yesterday we had a long 45 minute chat on the phone, and i was going to send her flowers, but i decided not to, just sent a card.

So, i like her, and she seems to be giving off signs which point to the fact that she likes me.

Sometime in August she wants to come down and stay at mine for a few nights. I was thinking of telling her at somepoint how I feel...

What do you people think I should do?
    Help would be much appreciated as this is really weighing on my mind at the minute.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well if you want to solve it properly, you need to find out the whole picture. If she tells you half the story you can't make a decent decision; you have to know it all. If she likes you a lot she shouldnt mind telling you.

With the other guy, is it that she doesn't want to upset him or what? Its quite likely if he's a long term bf. If so, make sure she does the right thing and break up with him properly, if she likes you.

ReputationRep:
    Be careful, she's taken - which either indicates you're misunderstanding her intentions or she's a bit of a wrong'un for leading you on while she's with someone else. Either way, the end result is not you two hooking up.

ReputationRep:
    yes, he is a long term bf that she has at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    girls with long term boyfriends are dangerous.

she may be coming on to you because her bf isnt fullfilling her in some way (i dont just mean sexually)

and once she has her way with you (haha) she might just turn around and go back to her boyfriend.

that is generally how it works.

so, as long as she is tied up with another guy, i wouldnt touch it really...

ReputationRep:
    Dont do it. Simple. I know girls like these and all this could possibly lead to is trouble. At the end of the day she has a bf, if she didnt like her bf she would have dumped him. If she really liked you she would have got with you. If she dosent know what she wants, or is bored with her bf for a bit we arrive at this situation...

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps because she has the long term boyfriend when she acts like she does with you (like staying with you for a bit in the summer) she assumes you know it's only platonic because you already know she's taken. It could be embarrassing if you pour your heart out to her when she visits and make it akward because she has to point out she has a bf already and isn't interested.

That said she may be looking to cheat on him but I wouldn't get involved- wayyyy too much drama!

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to leave it, she is in a relationship however much she is into the relationship is irrelevant as it puts her in a bad position if you tell her you like her, it is almost an ultimatum for her to make up her mind if she really wants to be with her boyfriend when its not as easy as that.

I think you may need to move on and stay friends with her, as it sounds like you can be awesome friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    Be careful, she's taken
    (Original post by mitsabeeba)
    girls with long term boyfriends are dangerous
    (Original post by ArikJ)
    Dont do it. Simple.
    If I had only three sentences of advice to give you, it couldn't be much more direct than these. Or much better. This is the kind of topic where you listen to the prevailing opinion and take heed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.