Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whats the rule here? Do people still "obtain" movies and tv shows while at uni? Or are most of the file sharing/torrent softwares blocked by the uni network? I can't imagine going so long without my tv shows.

Also, I'm a big football fan, can I stream the games live on my laptop or will that be blocked as well?

ReputationRep:
    depends on the uni :p:
    some are hot on it, and block the ports, or limit the amount you can download and upload, some i hear like a 100mb a day, which a film to download is about 700mb

some don't care, glad i went to one that didn't care :p:

if we knew the uni, it be easier for people to tell, what their stand point is

ReputationRep:
    Sorry forgot to mention that. Reading Uni.

ReputationRep:
    What's Newcastle/Northumbria's general attitude towards downloading, including iPlayer

ReputationRep:
    far as i know it unlimited high-speed access to the internet, someone at the uni be able to tell you more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    far as i know it unlimited high-speed access to the internet, someone at the uni be able to tell you more
    If that was at me, ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Ourumov)
    If that was at me, ty
    maybe :p: i dunno about your uni, iplayer will be ok cos well its not downloading, plus its not illegal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    maybe :p: i dunno about your uni, iplayer will be ok cos well its not downloading, plus its not illegal
    Zis is true

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much everyone I know who went to uni downloaded stuff illegally.

ReputationRep:
    This is one of the reasons I chose a private houseshare as opposed to university halls

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know Cambridge's policy on this (esp. Clare/Downing)?

Cos it could be an issue otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    wot about streaming websites are they alright. and websites like albumhunt and isohunt?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.