Turn on thread page Beta

Can't believe my gf has dumped me for this! watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently, I got really drunk and was agressive to my gf's male friend. I didn't lay a finger on him but I had to seperated by someone else and I was being threatening. And for this my gf has dumped me!

Even though she once slapped a guy across the face when she was drunk.

Do you thinks its unfair then that she has dumped me for this, considering I didnt even touch him?

She always things weren't really working between us before this happened, does that make more sense?

ReputationRep:
    She fancies him.

(or you were so drunk, you said dodgy stuff that you don't remember.)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but then if she dumped you over something as ridiculous as that then maybe you're better off.

ReputationRep:
    trust me she dont fancy him

ReputationRep:
    Kill her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voltex)
    Recently, I got really drunk and was agressive to my gf's male friend. I didn't lay a finger on him but I had to seperated by someone else and I was being threatening. And for this my gf has dumped me!

Even though she once slapped a guy across the face when she was drunk.

Do you thinks its unfair then that she has dumped me for this, considering I didnt even touch him?
    What had he done??

ReputationRep:
    You are so better off without her

ReputationRep:
    Play as hard to get ahold of as you possibly can.
    Cut all contact etc.

That'll teach her.

I personally think that was a stupid reason and if her mind is in anyway analogous to mine, so might she. People shouldn't make stupid decisions, so make sure she realises this.

ReputationRep:
    Had she been friends with him longer than she's known you? Was that the first time she's seen you get angry? Do you normally have a temper? It could be that you scared her?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear! She may like this other guy more than a freind who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    Had she been friends with him longer than she's known you? Was that the first time she's seen you get angry? Do you normally have a temper? It could be that you scared her?
    Shes been close friends with him for a while and it was the first time she had seen me angry

ReputationRep:
    find another girl

ReputationRep:
    She was looking for an excuse to dump you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PauloG.)
    She was looking for an excuse to dump you?
    My first thought too.

ReputationRep:
    Shes been close friends with him for a while and it was the first time she had seen me angry
    Thats what i reckon it will be, the whole seeing someone you like angry. Its never pleasent no matter how justified. Some people don't deal with it well, so she could fall into that category. If you still want to be with her you could try talking to her, and saying how you were just angry etc?

edit: this happened not long after i started going out with my bf (though it was a stranger not a friend) and it scared the shot out of me, purely cos id never seen him angry. But now i know he just gets wound up easier than some people it doesn't bother me

ReputationRep:
    From her point of view though, surely it makes sense that she doesn't want to be with an aggressive person?

ReputationRep:
    Then she could be shocked at seeing you like that, because to her (I assume...) you're calm etc etc, so just seeing anyone like that is strange. If that is the case then she'll probably get back with you (as happened to my mate)

Or as others have said, she's looking for an excuse, which was my first thought

ReputationRep:
    What did he do that got you all angry ?

ReputationRep:
    and it wasn't justified, I was just very drunk

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe she doesn't wanna get with someone who threatens another human being?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.