Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't believe my gf has dumped me for this! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be blunt, but she obviously doesnt like you enough if she'd dump you over this kinda thing. And if she dumped you cause she doesn't like angry, then would she dump you if she cheated on you and you yelled at/threatened the guy that she cheated with? just an example though...

ReputationRep:
    girls get very protective over their friends. If you were my boyfriend, i'd of dumped you too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voltex)
    What if the bf was the one way out of order though?
    Then I'd spend more time talking to him and asking what was wrong and trying to make sure it doesn't happen again, especially if it was the first time he's ever acted aggressively.

ReputationRep:
    Recently, I got really drunk and was agressive to my gf's male friend. I didn't lay a finger on him but I had to seperated by someone else and I was being threatening. And for this my gf has dumped me!

Even though she once slapped a guy across the face when she was drunk.

Do you thinks its unfair then that she has dumped me for this, considering I didnt even touch him?
    what a pathetic excuse to dump someone.
    OP don't cry over her, she obviously isn't worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writergirl)
    what a pathetic excuse to dump someone.
    OP don't cry over her, she obviously isn't worth it!
    She always things weren't really working between us before this happened, does that make more sense?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps she saw a side of you she didn't like? As much as you may feel aggrieved by it, you can't help how she feels. Have you tried apologising (and I mean A LOT).

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't dump someone over this but maybe you scared her a little. As a female we are constantly told that agressive men that ever lay a finger on you are bad and should be dumped. Maybe she took this as on step down from you hurting her? idk, if you want her back you could apologise but otherwise maybe she did just want a reason to break up.

ReputationRep:
    What if the bf was the one way out of order though?
    Tbh, it would really be a big turn off. You threatened someone for what it seems like was no good reason and had to be physically restrained. I'd much rather have an easy-going guy than one with a temper. I don't want a guy who would resort to violence when it is completely and totally unnecessary, especially if I think the target might be me one day. And since you haven't given a reason for your behavior, I'm pretty sure it was over something stupid.
    But if your gf was unwilling to give you another chance, then it's either because it was way worse than it seems or she didn't really like you enough to get over it. I'm sorry, but lesson learned.

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow:
    She always things weren't really working between us before this happened, does that make more sense?
    she might just be using this as a ridiculous excuse to get out of the relationship if she was thinking you two needed to end it before?

ReputationRep:
    OP didn't you get dumped ages ago? You haven't had a gf since....
    What are you on about?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she was looking for an excuse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz)
    Maybe she was looking for an excuse?
    would this be because things weren't working between the two of us?

ReputationRep:
    Look on the bright side. Now you're her ex, so her next boyfriend might get mad at you and she'll dump him. Then you win. Sort of.

ReputationRep:
    Two questions. How long were you two together, and was it the first time she has seen you that drunk?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I see it as a valid reason to dump someone. If my boyfriend started shouting and threatening violence at someone I would find it very unnattractive and wouldn't like him anymore

if my boyfriend was very agressive to my male best friend, i'd consider dumping him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rusty Nails)
    Two questions. How long were you two together, and was it the first time she has seen you that drunk?
    Been together 2 months, not first time she had seen me that drunk, but first time seen me angry

ReputationRep:
    i would say thats unjustified
    unless of course she was looking for an excuse to dump u, or she fancies the guy.
    otherwise, its a dumb reason to dump somebody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitsabeeba)
    i would say thats unjustified
    unless of course she was looking for an excuse to dump u, or she fancies the guy.
    otherwise, its a dumb reason to dump somebody.
    do you think it makes more sense if things werent working between us and so just wanted an excuse to end it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't blame her. I'd always stick up for my friends first, and if you're getting violent, then maybe this is something which put her off.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.