Turn on thread page Beta

Some work for you lot watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For each of the sections in bold in the passages below
    Name the type of behaviour described,
    give a reason for your choice,
    suggest one advantage to the organism of this behaviour.

1) Flatworms are simple softbodied animals with a flattened and elongated body. When placed in a petri dish that has one side illuminated and one side covered with a dark cloth as shown in the diagram, the following observations can be made. Flatworms swim quickly in random directions in bright light, but stop swimming in darkness.

2) If blowfly larvae are placed in the same apparatus (without water this time), the following observation can be made. Blowfly larvae move away from the light.

Answer them in full sentences. Make sure the answers actually make sense so i can copy it down easier later. hurry up because i dont have much time!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rushda)

1) Flatworms are simple softbodied animals with a flattened and elongated body. When placed in a petri dish that has one side illuminated and one side covered with a dark cloth as shown in the diagram, the following observations can be made. Flatworms swim quickly in random directions in bright light, but stop swimming in darkness.

2) If blowfly larvae are placed in the same apparatus (without water this time), the following observation can be made. Blowfly larvae move away from the light.

Answer them in full sentences. Make sure the answers actually make sense so i can copy it down easier later. hurry up because i dont have much time!!!!!!!
    by the way, it has to be about half a side of A4, so make it detailed. Make sure it isnt a load of waffle though!!

ReputationRep:

Why not just gives us your teacher's e-mail address, then we can save you the bother and send our answers straight to him/her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    Why not just gives us your teacher's e-mail address, then we can save you the bother and send our answers straight to him/her?
    NO! my teachers will click on.
    Just answer them in here, and ill paste it into word then print it. Please spell check it etc and grammar check because i dont think i have much time.

ReputationRep:
    Just answer them in here, and ill paste it into word then print it. Please spell check it etc and grammar check because i dont think i have much time.
    Why don't you get yourself down to the library and find out the answers for yourself? Then at least you would learn something.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    BTW everyone I'm only leaving this thread open for sheer comedy value...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Why don't you get yourself down to the library and find out the answers for yourself? Then at least you would learn something.

plz, im being serious, it took some time to type out those questions! the least you could do is attempt to help. plzzz...im short of time as im working all day tmrw and going in about an hr.
    You dont have to do the half side of A4, just a few lines will be fine if you make it detailed enough.
    And ill learn it, i promise, just that i dont have much time this time round.
    plz answer it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    BTW everyone I'm only leaving this thread open for sheer comedy value...
    you are most kind... do you think i could get someone to do 2 stats papers, stats coursework, psychology coursework and a philosophy essay? please... i really want to go out and get drunk tonight (and every other night until christmas). cheers guys!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    you are most kind... do you think i could get someone to do 2 stats papers, stats coursework, psychology coursework and a philosophy essay? please... i really want to go out and get drunk tonight (and every other night until christmas). cheers guys!

lou xxx
    I'll do your philosophy essay if you want (j/k), but sorry Rushda I don't have clue about biological-type things.

ReputationRep:
    I dont mind giving the odd bit of help but i am not doing a complete piece of work!

ReputationRep:

I'll 'help' you, to some extent.
    Flatworms cant see where to go in the dark, so they stop swimming and shout loudly "oi! gimme a torch!"

Blowfly larvae are not sufficiently advanced to put sunscreen on, therefore they move away from the light to avoid sunburn.

ReputationRep:

For number 2), most blowflies spend every night on the town and, as a result, develop an aversion to early morning light. Advantage - they can get more sleep to spend the next night drunk! Behaviour - partius animalus (my Latin is as good as my ability to recreate artistic masterpieces)

After joining the blowflies for a night on the razzle, flatworms get all drawn out. Unfortunately, flatworms are very impressionable and, after watching the strobe lighting for seven hours, think that people only move when the lights are on, so have adopted this method of movement. Advantage - limited. Behaviour - stupidus animalus actus likus Rushdaus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    For number 2), most blowflies spend every night on the town and, as a result, develop an aversion to early morning light. Advantage - they can get more sleep to spend the next night drunk! Behaviour - partius animalus (my Latin is as good as my ability to recreate artistic masterpieces)

After joining the blowflies for a night on the razzle, flatworms get all drawn out. Unfortunately, flatworms are very impressionable and, after watching the strobe lighting for seven hours, think that people only move when the lights are on, so have adopted this method of movement. Advantage - limited. Behaviour - stupidus animalus actus likus Rushdaus
    Haha very clever

I wouldn't mind so much if the thread starter had asked for help rather than for their work to be done for them.

ReputationRep:
    ha! i love it when people get sarcasm!

plz, im being serious, it took some time to type out those questions! the least you could do is attempt to help.
    blimey - the cheek! if i was ever gonna help, that made my mind up not to!!

ReputationRep:
    What on earth makes you think you can order people to do your work for you?! Go out less. Or do your work earlier and then you WILL have time. If you want help, feel free to ask - but honestly, 'hurry up'?!

ReputationRep:

Erm, today is a Saturday. That means at the earliest the work will be expected on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for those of you actually attempted to help.
    Im back now, but some good saturday night tv is on.
    im at work tmrw from 9am to 7pm. so just leave any further answers on here.
    i hate to be the one who breaks this to you, but read the answers those people gave you *me thinks they were extracting the weewee*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    nuff said

ReputationRep:
    i dont see why you're being so harsh on rushda, when we all go about answering other people's oproblems, no questions asked dot dot dot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i dont see why you're being so harsh on rushda, when we all go about answering other people's oproblems, no questions asked dot dot dot.
    Its maskall

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.