Turn on thread page Beta

Some work for you lot watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Its maskall
    yeah, but even so, we went about answering maskall's maths problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Its maskall
    and since when does maskall do biology?

ReputationRep:
    They're all exhibiting photo-something behaviour, but it was a long time since i did any biology.
    I recon them flatworms have photo kinetic cells and bio-transistors to power them, but their capacitors are pretty small, so they must discharge energy from the sun quickly in accordance to Q = Qoe^-t/RC, Given that R is 6, C is 0.2 and that 1.2 x 10^6 photons hit the surface of the flatworm each second, how much energy can the flat worm store? assume 60% efficiency through random movement.
    Their "Flattened and elongated body" helps them absorb more light for more intense new-age-retro psychadelic random movement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i dont see why you're being so harsh on rushda, when we all go about answering other people's oproblems, no questions asked dot dot dot.
    Nah, a sarcastic post asking for help should be greeted with sarcastic answers! Let the sarcasm continue (although there's far too many sarcy people about)! And for above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rushda)
    For each of the sections in bold in the passages below
    Name the type of behaviour described,
    give a reason for your choice,
    suggest one advantage to the organism of this behaviour.

1) Flatworms are simple softbodied animals with a flattened and elongated body. When placed in a petri dish that has one side illuminated and one side covered with a dark cloth as shown in the diagram, the following observations can be made. Flatworms swim quickly in random directions in bright light, but stop swimming in darkness.

2) If blowfly larvae are placed in the same apparatus (without water this time), the following observation can be made. Blowfly larvae move away from the light.

Answer them in full sentences. Make sure the answers actually make sense so i can copy it down easier later. hurry up because i dont have much time!!!!!!!
    i got an A in this in the end. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rushda)
    i got an A in this in the end. thanks.
    Your account name is quite amusing.

Congrats on the A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    and since when does maskall do biology?
    Trust me, I would never, ever do Biology. *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    DO you have to copy my name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    poor poor Rushda... unfortunately your name doesn´t seem to be on the copyright list!

ReputationRep:
    Awwww...

Well, she's been around for ages... it's nice when people come on here asking for help, then come back ages later just to thank us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben2111)
    poor poor Rushda... unfortunately your name doesn´t seem to be on the copyright list!
    What's worse is this Rushda is altering images of me and posting them I sure hope he/she's banned properly now.

ReputationRep:
    What's worse is this Rushda is altering images of me and posting them I sure hope he/she's banned properly now.
    Really?

I never knew about the altering images thing.....

ReputationRep:
    Where?

When?

ReputationRep:
    Another "Rushda Wannabee"

ReputationRep:
    why? what's she done that warrants banning? from what i can see she's not exactly offensive

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Where?

When?
    Ditto..

ReputationRep:
    Well you could see to that couldn't you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    why? what's she done that warrants banning? from what i can see she's not exactly offensive

lou xxx
    All I have seen is that her accoutn name is Rushda, other than that The threads have been fair and decent.

A ban seems very harsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Well you could see to that couldn't you
    Juwel, don't you think my sig is super duper?

ReputationRep:
    People, she altered my pic in a horrible way and posted it on the pics thread!!!!!!

That's more offensive than calling me something

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.