Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (I have removed the photos I previously attached)

I'd like any suggestions! Show me pictures of what you think would suit me

Stuff you might want to consider:
    I'm considering growing my hair longer, and I miss being able to tie it back. My main problem is that I have a big slab of hair that keeps on falling across my face and looks really harsh, but I don't really want to cut the front shorter, because it falls all over my face.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Am I so horrendously ugly that no haircut would ever suit me? Or is my hair just failing to inspire anyone? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, you just need a fringe to cover your forehead, otherwise your hair looks fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Lol, you just need a fringe to cover your forehead, otherwise your hair looks fine!
    Completely agree. Fringe for sure, not a straight one though, maybe a side parting with a sweeping fringe like this one: http://www.alternativelook.co.uk/images/P/chloe_p.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CardiffMathsGeek)
    Completely agree. Fringe for sure, not a straight one though, maybe a side parting with a sweeping fringe like this one: http://www.alternativelook.co.uk/images/P/chloe_p.jpg

I like this a bit better to be honest because it's not as straight and a bit less "harsh" if you know what I mean

ReputationRep:
    Your hairline is quite far back, so yeah I agree you want some kind of fringe. Maybe even that Kate Moss fringe that was all the rage a while back. Kind of wispy, but a full fringe nevertheless. You could always push that slightly to the side if you wanted. I'm not sure if your hair is thick enough to manage a thicker fringe.

Just having a fringe would look REALLY different, so you don't really need to do much else. When you've had that done, have a look at it and talk to your hairdresser about any other type of shaping to it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help and ideas I'm afraid i don't have a fringe yet, though :redface:

I am currently growing out a side-fringe, because it was getting in my eyes, so I am reluctant to have one of those again. I discussed a 'normal' fringe with my hairdresser, but he pointed out that my hair is too wavy and my hairline too non-standard for a fridge to happen easily - again, it would need a lot of input to make it look decent, and I'm too lazy to maintain it. In the end, we got rid of all the scraggly end bits, and I'm going to keep growing the short bits out. It's a neater shape around my face, so I'm hoping that counteracts the 'sheesh look at expanse of forehead' problem :redface:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.