Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where is your surname most common? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanM)
    Western Isles in both years. By quite a significant amount.
    Ditto, not exactly surprising though. 50% more common in Canada apparantly...

Imaginationland

Harrow.

ReputationRep:
    Most places such as Pakistan, India, UK....It's Mohammed Duh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyd33)
    "There were no results found for your selection. There needed to be at least 100 people with the name on the Electoral Register in 1998 to be in the database. We are hoping to add these missing names at a later date." :-(

I feel your pain.

It's on the 1881 one though, where people can be found with my surname in such exciting places as Ilford, Chelmsford, Slough, Motherwell and Dumfries. A couple of others.

It's an Irish surname which is also common-ish in the US, but I think I'm related to all of them in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    1862. trust me.

ReputationRep:
    Nowhere.

I'm the only one in the world to have it. It gets lonely sometimes :puppyeyes:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Paisley, Scotland. I'd have thought it'd be Perth, but there you go.

ReputationRep:
    Most common in West London and the West Midlands...not present anywhere else it seems

ReputationRep:
    God, the map for my name is mainly white (Sinclair) ! Only one section is dark blue and thats Kirkwall... apparently Latheron is the town where its most common... funni that i have never been to Scotland let alone that far north!

ReputationRep:
    JOHNSON - Stoke on Trent and Durham. LOL.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.