Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Student finance, i adore you!:p:

Heres my story, i apply for student finance way back in February, i applied for the Means Assessed Loan amount in full and the Grant, which im entitled to as im 22 and have supported myself for several years. They ask for evidence (wage slips/p60/council tax bill) to prove how much iv earned and that i have indeed support myself. Iv moved home and job a couple of times so it took a month or so to get the info, but sure enough by the end of May (at the latest) i sent the info of.

Today i rang them curious to know what is happening, iv been approved :woo: for the Non Means Assessed Loan and i wont be getting a grant :eek: :confused:
    I say to the girl on the end of the phone "i sent evidence in support, rang and confirmed it was received and checked it was viable" she replies "well we got it 7 weeks ago so itll be done next week"

How can they be so incompetent? They have the evidence but say im getting a basic loan and no grant, but say oh wait it might be done next week.

USELESS, anyone else in the same boat?
    will they sort it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sean_M)
    Student finance, i adore you!:p:

Heres my story, i apply for student finance way back in February, i applied for the Means Assessed Loan amount in full and the Grant, which im entitled to as im 22 and have supported myself for several years. They ask for evidence (wage slips/p60/council tax bill) to prove how much iv earned and that i have indeed support myself. Iv moved home and job a couple of times so it took a month or so to get the info, but sure enough by the end of May (at the latest) i sent the info of.

Today i rang them curious to know what is happening, iv been approved :woo: for the Non Means Assessed Loan and i wont be getting a grant :eek: :confused:
    I say to the girl on the end of the phone "i sent evidence in support, rang and confirmed it was received and checked it was viable" she replies "well we got it 7 weeks ago so itll be done next week"

How can they be so incompetent? They have the evidence but say im getting a basic loan and no grant, but say oh wait it might be done next week.

USELESS, anyone else in the same boat?
    will they sort it?
    Everything takes them 8 weeks according to them.
    Though they were horrified when I said I would be holding them to there word and would be ringing back to ask why it hadn't been sorted. Amazing it was sorted shortly after.

Loads of people have had problems with either not getting anything having there evidence lost and everthing else.

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone's being done as non-means tested for now? To work through the backlog.

ReputationRep:
    I've had similar problems. I sent off income details weeeeks ago and received a letter back last week telling me how much i would get, fair enough. Next day, however, I get another letter with two totally different amounts, £700 less than the original. Ring them up, they tell me they made a mistake and didnt realise that we earned over the threshold, so due to their incompetence I'm getting less than they originally told me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.