Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

please take seriously
    ok i used to eat a lot of junk food, mainly massive bars of chocolate, i would go as far as saying i binged on it at least every other day (im talking like 250g bars). as well as other junk throughout the day.

However i have been on holiday and since I have been (nearly three weeks ago) i havent had any chocolate at all. Just over a month ago i felt as though i was addicted but now feel as though i can turn down junk food a lot more easily.

Basically im writing as i am scared that its only a matter of time before i go back to my old ways, im actually scared to eat little bits of chocolate in case it brings the craving back.
    Do you think i should try to not touch choclate again, or try and have small quantities on occasion? Its just that i think if i had a little bit i would want more and more.

BTW im a dude, with healthy BMI etc, but i know that i'm not healthy in terms of sugar, cholesteral etc.

And what are alternatives that i could snack on throughout the day?

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:
    All or nothing. You'll never be able to touch another drop in your life.

Snack on fruit instead?

ReputationRep:
    Dark chocolate can ease the pain, dried fruits, in supermakets they do yogart covered ones that are really nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co_co_vogue)
    :laugh:
    All or nothing. You'll never be able to touch another drop in your life.

Snack on fruit instead?
    mmmmm chocolate fruit

http://api.ning.com/files/bd25fj9ckW...strawberry.jpg

ReputationRep:
    gorge on fruit instead, something easy like grapes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    please take seriously
    ok i used to eat a lot of junk food, mainly massive bars of chocolate, i would go as far as saying i binged on it at least every other day (im talking like 250g bars). as well as other junk throughout the day.

However i have been on holiday and since I have been (nearly three weeks ago) i havent had any chocolate at all. Just over a month ago i felt as though i was addicted but now feel as though i can turn down junk food a lot more easily.

Basically im writing as i am scared that its only a matter of time before i go back to my old ways, im actually scared to eat little bits of chocolate in case it brings the craving back.
    Do you think i should try to not touch choclate again, or try and have small quantities on occasion? Its just that i think if i had a little bit i would want more and more.

BTW im a dude, with healthy BMI etc, but i know that i'm not healthy in terms of sugar, cholesteral etc.

And what are alternatives that i could snack on throughout the day?
    Start snacking on peanuts, mangoes, apples, sayo beans, sugar canes or just normal fruits that have natural sweetness of sugar in them if that is your weakness or the NHS in future will not be bothering treating people like you and future kids.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.