Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I'm having a misscarrige! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm about 6 weeks pregnant, and on Tuesday started bleeding - but it was dark (old blood). I looked it up and it said this happens in abour 20-30% of pregnancies...
    It continued Wednesday so I tried to call the doctors but couldn't get though.
    This morning I started to get really bad cramps in my lower stomach and started bleeding red blood... (new blood).
    I looked this up panicking and I think I'm having a miscarrige.
    I called the doctor and I'm going for a scan tomorrow to check what's going on but I'm so scared, and I don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    Go to A&E just now just to be sure.
    I hope everything turns out ok

EDIT: sorry about the smiley, I know its not appropriate but I felt the need for something :/

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't you really go to the hospital, though? That's what I would do!
    Hopefully you aren't...

ReputationRep:
    ^^

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you rest and dont move around unless neccessary x

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why you're on a student forum. It's obvious that you need to go to A&E.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    Go to A&E just now just to be sure.
    I hope everything turns out ok

EDIT: sorry about the smiley, I know its not appropriate but I felt the need for something :/
    I don't think there will be anything they can do.
    It's so early on and things...
    I think I'll have to just wait it out until tomorrow and hope for best, the hopsital is two buses away and I'm really not up for that.
    Don't worry about the smiley lol...

ReputationRep:
    I would have gone to the hospital if I was you. Hope everything turns out ok

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, get to A&E now.
    And no need for buses, if I were you I'd call an ambulance.
    Or at the very least NHS 24?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnanc...ngmiscarriage/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Seriously, get to A&E now.
    I doubt they can do anything for me!

ReputationRep:
    I think A&E is the best port of call for you, as they will be able to sort you out for you asap.

As a compromise call NHS direct please, as they will give you advice on what to do and likely will ask you to go to A&E and they should be able to sort you out an appointment up there.

ReputationRep:
    You are a life saver XXX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_flowers)
    You don't know that.
    I was there once and a pregnant woman came in. She was bleeding everywhere and they whisked her through straight away, skipping the line. They would want to see you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_flowers)
    Miscarriages are not good. You need to get to A&E. Even if they can't save the baby, they'll need to check that there isn't any damage to you. And you don't KNOW that you're having a miscarriage. From the sounds of things you are, but you need to get yourself checked out.

If I knew where you lived, I would call 999 for you. PLEASE get to A&E NOW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    You don't know that.
    I was there once and a pregnant woman came in. She was bleeding everywhere and they whisked her through straight away, skipping the line. They would want to see you.
    I called my doctor this morning, they know this is happening to me and made me an appointment for tomorrow...
    I read that link the other girl put here and it says theys not much they can do before 3 months..
    Oh I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I would go to A&E. Even if they can't do anything you'll only be worrying all night and won't be able to sleep. They can put your mind at rest. Hope everything is okay!

ReputationRep:
    do you really think you can sleep tonight with this? if you are really worried which you said you are you should REALLY go to a&e or definitely ring up the nhs line first, at least for a second opinion! sounds a bit worrying, please ring them.

ReputationRep:
    Go to A&E, I hope you and your baby are ok!!

ReputationRep:
    This thread needs that "I have something wrong with me... shall I: ask TSR, go to my GP, blah blah blah" tick boxes :teeth:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.