Turn on thread page Beta

I think I'm having a misscarrige! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_flowers)
    I doubt they can do anything for me!
    They can do more than TSR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bearman)
    This thread needs that "I have something wrong with me... shall I: ask TSR, go to my GP, blah blah blah" tick boxes :teeth:
    Sarcastic Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    We arent doctors, gtfo TSR and get to the hospital.

wimmin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    We arent doctors, gtfo TSR and get to the hospital.

wimmin!
    Bugger off!
    I can't get to the hospital!!!

ReputationRep:
    Bugger off!
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    Why?
    I can't drive.
    Buses are irregular around here at night time and I need to catch two of them to get there.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Bugger off!
    Can't you phone 999? Your case seems pretty urgent.

ReputationRep:
    i hope everything is ok
    you know you're body best, call an ambulance if you think you need it, but if you don't think its too urgent then i'd wait and see you're gp

from what you've said however you are concerned and i would call 999 just to ease you're concern to be honest

good luck

ReputationRep:
    Sarcastic Idiot.
    Why? :confused: Maybe a little crude of me, but it's true nonetheless. If you think there's something seriously wrong with you (e.g, a miscarriage) the first place you should be going is your GP/A+E - not asking an internet forum made up of students. Especially, in this case, as miscarriages can result in severe pain, heavy bleeding and infection - to name a few of the consequences of an incomplete/missed miscarriage.

ReputationRep:
    Did you decide to go to hospital? Or did you have your scan today? How is everything?

ReputationRep:
    I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. I can understand that you didn't want to go to the hospital, and I can imagine that, perhaps, there isn't anything they could do either way. I do very much hope that you're going to your GP today, though.

Best wishes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm about 6 weeks pregnant, and on Tuesday started bleeding - but it was dark (old blood). I looked it up and it said this happens in abour 20-30% of pregnancies...
    It continued Wednesday so I tried to call the doctors but couldn't get though.
    This morning I started to get really bad cramps in my lower stomach and started bleeding red blood... (new blood).
    I looked this up panicking and I think I'm having a miscarrige.
    I called the doctor and I'm going for a scan tomorrow to check what's going on but I'm so scared, and I don't know what to do
    Are you stupid?

Go to A & E (N)
    Phone the doctor (N)
    Ask TSR (Y)

Jesus get a grip

ReputationRep:
    I can't drive.
    Buses are irregular around here at night time and I need to catch two of them to get there.
    Look up NHS Direct on internet for advice... I think they have a helpline too (will cost, but you need to call at least)?

Edit: Actually... can you visit your GP, urgentency appointment or something?

ReputationRep:
    Drink A LOT of water, and try not to do anything physically straining/try not to walk around too much. This happened to my sister at the same time (about 6 weeks) and that's what she was advised by the midwife.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, make a thread about it on TSR. After all, we are knowledgeable in this area. Go see a doctor.

Good luck. Hope everything is fine.

ReputationRep:
    FFS this is so obviously 999able its untrue.
    Jesus.
    Hope shes okay

ReputationRep:
    God some people are heartless.
    Yes it's probably true that most of us cannot give much advice, but the OP needs support not to be had a go at!!

OP: Hope things have gone okay for you today xx

ReputationRep:
    She rang her doctors looking for advice... so if she needed to call 999 then im sure they would have told her. Not everyone posts their problems on here looking for advice sometimes people just need a place to vend their problems or anxietys where people dont know them.
    From previous experience if you did turn up at A & E they would more than likely check your blood pressure etc and send you home saying see you GP in the morning. Unfortunatly their isnt a lot they can do at this stage in the pregnancy.
    Anyways OP I hope that everything is fine with the baby and there was nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Did you decide to go to hospital? Or did you have your scan today? How is everything?
    I went up for my scan and they couldn't detect a baby so they took my blood pressure and a blood test, and I've definately lost it.
    Like they said it was far too early on for them to do anything so if I'd gone up it would ahve been pointless.
    Thanks for asking.
    XX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5697)
    She rang her doctors looking for advice... so if she needed to call 999 then im sure they would have told her. Not everyone posts their problems on here looking for advice sometimes people just need a place to vend their problems or anxietys where people dont know them.
    From previous experience if you did turn up at A & E they would more than likely check your blood pressure etc and send you home saying see you GP in the morning. Unfortunatly their isnt a lot they can do at this stage in the pregnancy.
    Anyways OP I hope that everything is fine with the baby and there was nothing to worry about
    Thank you XX

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.