Turn on thread page Beta

scar tissue in calf from running watch

ReputationRep:
    well is there any quick way of removing it completely or with enough work done by a professional so you can work it yourself afterwards?

say with a timeframe of 30 days?

I basically injured my calf 4 yrs ago in running, pulling / straining / rupturing or whatever but didn't take good care of it hence the troubles today. I know it's a long time but i either didn't notice in the beginnings or had other factors that stopped me from starting to really exercise later.

ReputationRep:
    bio-oil

might take a couple of years lol

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure? Was it a US or MRI scan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Are you sure? Was it a US or MRI scan?
    I am absolutely sure because there can be no other reason and I remember injuring it very well.

I haven't had a US or MRI scan. Do they help? I'm gonna see a doctor next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)
    I am absolutely sure because there can be no other reason and I remember injuring it very well.

I haven't had a US or MRI scan. Do they help? I'm gonna see a doctor next week.
    Well, is it scar tissue or is it just muscle that has some residual weakness? I'm no expert on rheum or sports med, but there's a world of difference between the two and how they're managed. I'm not entirely sure of the best thing for you to do, a sports medic - if you're serious about your sport and can afford it - private PT or just self-exercise.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.