Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What do you think? Great tune IMO! :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Preferred the original if I'm honest. But to hear that awesome piano riff is never a bad thing. And to hear it in clubs is also good. So, it's a thumbs up from me! :yy:

I'm not overly joyous, as it's one of those songs where the original should never be touched. :sad:

On the other hand, at least they didn't mess about with the lyrics. :rolleyes: Though that would've been a challenge....

ReputationRep:
    I love this song!

I have to keep playing it via youtube because I haven't purchased it yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingshoes10)
    I love this song!

I have to keep playing it via youtube because I haven't purchased it yet
    purchase...music. Do people still do that ****

ReputationRep:
    Original is best, but for a bit of a dancey tune I like it.

ReputationRep:
    It's awful, just so boring!
    The original is great and it shouldn't have been tampered with.

ReputationRep:
    It's quite nice - And that beautiful riff sounds as beautiful having that beat behind it - The original is great and this one will do well but for not long like any mainstream dance i imagine.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the original... but don't mind hearing this either. It's about as good as any summery dance song can get.

ReputationRep:
    its Chicane they can do no wrong :p:

i like it

ReputationRep:
    It's ruined on of the most beautiful songs ever made. I find you are constantly waiting for something to happen, yet nothing. They could have made it brilliant but no. Poor show Chicane you bunch of *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    It's ruined on of the most beautiful songs ever made. I find you are constantly waiting for something to happen, yet nothing. They could have made it brilliant but no. Poor show Chicane you bunch of *******s.
    I agree - at least in the original it kind of builds to a climax, even though the climax isn't as haunting or memorable as that riff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nigel_s)
    I agree - at least in the original it kind of builds to a climax, even though the climax isn't as haunting or memorable as that riff.
    im glad in not the only one that thinks this. I get rather annoyed that some people don't even know that there is an original :emo:

ReputationRep:
    im glad in not the only one that thinks this. I get rather annoyed that some people don't even know that there is an original :emo:
    :yep: I think most people I know just think the song is 30 seconds long :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll find that Chicane, is in fact, just one man :p:

Chicane is one of the best and most influential dance and trance artists of all time. This song may not be as good as the original but please don't tarr the rest of his songs with the same brush. This song played in a club would be pure euphoria, whereas the original is beautiful to just listen to.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there was a thread about this a while ago...

Yes. Here it is. You're welcome

Just awful, should have left music to Sigur Ros rather than suffocate their songs with crappy club beats.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like it should be played at the start of a home improvement programme.

ReputationRep:
    I really like their last mashup of Saltwater and I Bruise Easily, but this just sounds bland like they've put no effort in whatsoever. It certainly doesn't do the original justice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.