Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    any poly

oh no he didn't.........
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There are more factors to choosing a university than simply the most 'partying' university. How about atmosphere or location or course content? These three, and especially the very latter, can greatly differ at each university and so greatly vary one's wants to go to said university.

ReputationRep:
    What about Liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomTeeTom)
    Oxford has the best parties in the UK. FACT
    i lold

ReputationRep:
    De Montfort Uni
    Nottingham Trent
    Sheffield Hallam

From experience

ReputationRep:
    i live in leeds and it has an awesome night life!

i study in newcastle and i love it there - all the clubs are within like walking distance of each other which ive never known of any other cities, so convenient

i do go across the manchester quite often aswell which is basically newcastle but bigger!

~you should really consider what course you want to do as well seeing as thats the most important decision you will be making

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    any poly

oh no he didn't.........
    lol irl

ReputationRep:
    My Sociology teacher used to tell me about the wild Sociology parties him and his friends had at Uni.
    They all got together and compared Sociology notes whilst drinking wine. He even showed me the Giant Sociology folder he used to bring with him to his parties.

True story btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kemik)
    Liverpool, Newcastle and Leeds. No idea why everyone is saying Manchester. You need a taxi to get from club to club, whereas Liverpool has about 15 clubs within a small area.
    you really don't need a taxi unless you are stupidly lazy. and there are far out clubs in liverpool too, although obviously the vast majority are close to each other and amazinggggg. tbh i think i'd only taxi it to garlands maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steadyg)
    Leeds
    Manchester
    Nottingham
    I totally agree with you.

Leeds, Mancehster and Nottingham are the best party unis that are also considered to be repeectable / well-regarded.

ReputationRep:
    also why is everyone saying nottingham? it's nothing in comparison to leeds, liverpool or manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki-77)
    What about Liverpool?
    We'll get it in the top three! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Manchester, obviously.

Glasgow too, and LSE is surprisingly fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miranda7719)
    also why is everyone saying nottingham? it's nothing in comparison to leeds, liverpool or manchester
    Well there is 6 women to every man and according to yesterdays Sun it is the stag party capital of the UK (as well as having the hottest women). The uni also has one of the best reps for big city uni's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    DANCE NATION UNI
    it exists
    I actually googled that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfghanistanBananistan)
    Well there is 6 women to every man and according to yesterdays Sun it is the stag party capital of the UK (as well as having the hottest women). The uni also has one of the best reps for big city uni's.
    i wouldn't trust everything you read in the sun but that's not really important. still doesn't make it a good uni cause it's full of women, it'll just become full of desperate guys soon
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AfghanistanBananistan)
    I thought you had been banned?

ReputationRep:
    A valid question, there are certainly some uni's and cities that have more of a buzz and conversly there are some which are a little more dull.
    I attended 3 very different universities and visited friends at many, many others.
    Needless to say the rest is only my own opinion.

My first choice would be Sheffield: A lot of student accom. is in very nice parts of the city... Crookes, Broomhill, Hunters Bar, etc... this is certainly not the case in many uni's. It used to be relatively cheap ( not sure how it measures up now); very good student and club nightlife, Easy to get out to country pubs, which with a big group of friends can be great fun, uni union and hallam union both good, a very nice general ambiance.

Second choice: Possibly Manchester. A different feeling to Sheffield, Very good , just different.

third choice: hmmm, Leeds or Newcastle. I used to visit Newcastle rather a lot and never had a bad time. We used to visit student nights and also have a laugh in the townie spots too.

on a different note, and not for the reasons requested in the original...

I must say my favourite university would have to be Cambridge, again a place that I used to visit a good friend at on a regular basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyraell)
    I actually googled that.
    HAHAHA ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

ReputationRep:
    Leeds. Brap brap.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.