Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle!

God I hope I get in

ReputationRep:
    With both the Nottingham unis, they have dedicated student nights at clubs. Student clubs are so much better in my opinion than "mixed" clubs.

ReputationRep:
    OP, I don't know if this is your intention but you probably shouldn't choose your unis based on it's party life!

ReputationRep:
    Manchester without a doubt. you've got fallowfield for all the student parties. Oxford road for a casual bar crawl or the odd club. Then deansgate for standard clubbing. 5th av/42's for pulling clubbing and a good dance. The village for a good laugh. LOTS of unique old fashioned pubs for a quiet drink. Printworks for a chavvy night out And students from 3 unis + returning students at weekend + A2 college kids from the surronding areas (Trust me, theres loads of these in clubs once christmas starts and they all turn 18).

Edit: and in reply to wowza's post, every club has student nights on different nights. So from sun-thurs you can find somewhere with £1 bottles and free entry and students only Wonderful city <3

ReputationRep:
    Pffft.. You haven't seen anything until you go to a Uni Theme party. And I hear Brunel and Herts run those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp9sikup6G4

Not very diverse parties though, must admit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoWZa)
    With both the Nottingham unis, they have dedicated student nights at clubs. Student clubs are so much better in my opinion than "mixed" clubs.
    Haha, yeah I've heard of the notorious Notts student ravers. Yet to see them in action though.

ReputationRep:
    The majority of universities are good for nights out; if there are students seeking fun and lots of booze then you get good times!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    There are more factors to choosing a university than simply the most 'partying' university. How about atmosphere or location or course content? These three, and especially the very latter, can greatly differ at each university and so greatly vary one's wants to go to said university.
    Who the heck negged me for this?! If you're going to be so childish and leave the comment "boring", then at least leave your name!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Who the heck negged me for this?! If you're going to be so childish and leave the comment "boring", then at least leave your name!
    we all secretly know you'll be burning that dancefloor come freshers week! lol!

ReputationRep:
    LSE = foreigners
    Imperial = WoW nerds
    Warwick = farmers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    LSE = foreigners
    Imperial = WoW nerds
    Warwick = farmers
    throw them together youve got quite a party:p: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle, Nottingham, Leeds.

Manchester and Liverpool are dirty, repulsive places
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    And now I've been negged for that! Boy. TSR just keeps getting better. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've heard Manchester, Nottingham and Newcastle...

(Original post by xps.systems)
    Imperial.

squish.
    What is Imperial like... like seriously?? I've heard it's terrible, unless you're a medic...

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff, Manchester and Plymouth (of course)

ReputationRep:
    Uni = lots of students all in one place for a fairly long period of time. Parties WILL happen.
    Parties are inevitable wherever you go - and the quality of parties will vary within the unis as well as between them.

Any of the big cities well known for night life will have good nightlife, but that doesnt mean the ones that aren't as well known will have crap nightlife.

ReputationRep:
    The same names keep coming up here - Leeds, Notts, Manchester, Liverpool...... I know they're all big cities but what about the smaller places? I was thinking of trying for Durham because their course looks awesome but I don't wanna go if their nightlife's rubbish. Any help? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at uni yet..........but Newcastle has an awesome night out. It's cheapish depending on where you go. Everyone is friendly and all the bars are within walking distance. Oh, and the place is covered in police, so everyone is cool. Outside the gate, once it's late, people go outside there for air, and just talk to each other, random people. Tis great fun So that would mean......University of Newcastle and Northumbria.

I haven't really been out anywhere else, except Milton Keynes, but that was pretty crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    any poly

oh no he didn't.........
    lmao:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I hear the nightlife at St Andrews, Aberystwyth & Warwick is particularly spectacular.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.